Harley Adam David 10/11/2010

xoButterfly25

Harley's Mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
Well Harley is almost 2 weeks old now but I've not really had enough time to sit and write this or even post on here to let anyone know, so I thought while both my boys are sleeping, I would :)

Well on Tuesday 9th November (8 days overdue), I woke up around 8am with quite heavy bleeding and a few abdominal pains, but not frequent or that painful and I could still feel baby moving quite a bit, so I wasn't super worried. I called my mum to tell her because she was wanting me to tell her anything and before calling anyone, I'd always call my mum first. She told me to call the hospital, so I did. They advised me to go in to be checked out. I had a bath to ease the small ammount of pain I did have, which worked wonders, while I waited for my mum to come pick me and my OH up to take us to the hospital.

At around 11am I finally got seen in the hospital, with a vaginal examination. They didn't tell me much in the actual room and told me to go back to the antenatal ward, after about 20 minutes, I was told that my cervix was closed and was not dilated at all, so they didn't understand what was causing the bleeding. I had told them that OH and I had sex the night before and she said the bleeding was too much to have been caused by 'rough' sex and then I was told I was gonna have to be induced on Wednesday 9th ..at this point I was sooo hoping I could go home because I hate hospitals and was told I was gonna have to stay the night of which I then sat there and cried :( while also having a cannula put into my wrist. She couldn't get it in one hand and then that hand was completely bruised so it was put into the side of my other hand.

I had to stay on antenatal ward until they cleared a bed for me on the maternity ward which was around 8.30pm. In the meantime waiting, I was getting some pains which were coming and going but not anything painful and I was still bleeding quite a bit too. My mum and OH left me for an hour while they went to get some things from home for me and when they came back had bought all my things and my mum bought me a treat (pate and crackers) I had been wanting them the whole time I was pregnant, but I didn't eat it because of being told I couldn't/shouldn't eat liver ..but my mum said it would be okay as I was being induced tomorrow :)

So anyway at around 8.30pm they moved me over to maternity ward, I settled down said goodbye to my OH and my mum. They were allowed to come back at 8am ..again I sat there and cried because I didn't want to be in the hospital alone :( I was literally texting my OH and my mum for as long as I could before they needed some sleep and told me to get some sleep, to which I tried. I think I went to sleep for about 2 hours before I was woken up at around 3 or 4 am with really bad stomach pains that kept coming and going. I was wondering to myself if they were contractions? I asked the midwife for some painkillers and she gave me some, but they didn't do anything at all. I kept having to stand up and walk around to keep the pain from hurting too much. I kept going back and fourth to the bathroom and feeling sick too and I kept on looking at the time for when my mum and OH would get there. My mum and OH arrived right at 8am which I was hoping they would and by then I was in quite a lot of pain. I had to wait until 9am to be checked as the midwives were changing over and they were going to insert a pessary to get me induced ..well the midwife checked me and I was 2/3cm dilated already, so the pains I had been woken up with were contractions and then I was told the pessary was not needed as I had gone into labour myself. My mum and OH kept joking that it was the pate and crackers that had made me go into labour, lol ..but really I think it was the vaginal examination the day before that might have kick started it.

The pains kept coming really frequent and strong. I didn't time them at all because I couldn't concentrate as I was in a lot of pain, but I think my mum might have been timing them. My OH ran me a bath and I went in there for a little while and must have fallen asleep a little, because my mum woke me up and washed me and dried me ..I was still in quite a bit of pain when I got out, so the hot bath definitely helped a lot. Once I was dressed and went back out onto my bed, I was checked again at about 11am and I was 4cm dilated and I was given gas and air to try. I'd only had about 5 puffs of it and I threw up everywhere and couldn't take no more of it and was asking for an epidural (before hand I never wanted one of these as I thought I'd be able to at least tolerate the pain for some time as I have a high pain tolerance) I was allowed to have one and had to put one of those awful hospital gowns on and socks and then was taken off to a delivery room. My OH had to leave the room because he can't stand things like that so my mum stayed with me. I'm glad she did. I couldn't have done any of this without my mum there <3

Shortly after the epidural was done, I kept drifting in and out of sleep and my mum told me to try and get some sleep if I could. I could still feel the contractions and they were still quite painful, to which I then found out the epidural didn't take proper effect and only numbed one side of me, they turned me on my side a little more and it helped a little but not a lot, so it wasn't fully effective for me which was a shame, they then broke my water to find the baby had pooed inside me and then also put a moniter clip onto the babys head ..by the next check, it was around 3pm and I was told I was 9cm dilated and was doing really well from going from 4cm dilated at 11/12am to 9cm dilated at 3pm. I was told by 4pm I would be 10cm dilated and should also wait until around 5pm before I should start pushing so I can let the head come down more ..but by about 4:30pm I literally could not hold anymore and was trying to push even though the midwife said I shouldn't yet. My mum was telling me to push and do what felt right, to which I did, and at around 4:45pm the midwife said I could push. I think after about 3 pushes my mum said she could already see his head and that he had black hair, at 5:07pm after about another 4 pushes Harley Adam David was born.

My mum was crying because of seeing me in so much pain and crying with happiness, my OH was crying and I was also crying. My OH cut the cord and he weighed 8lbs12oz to which we were all surprised because he honestly didn't look that big at all and everyone has said "wow, he's not that big in person compared to the pictures" lol. I ended up having to have quite a few stitches too and had to put up with 1 numb leg for almost a day, so I couldn't get out of the bed and had to keep asking the midwifes to help me with picking Harley up and helping me breast feed him and put him back in the cot, etc ..because I literally couldn't move :|

Harley Adam David - Born November 10th 2010 at 5:07pm, weighing 8lbs12oz <3

Attachments

• 100_1377.jpg
    100_1377.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1380.jpg
    100_1380.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1382.jpg
    100_1382.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo0141.jpg
    Photo0141.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 8
aww he's very cute, look at his little face! well done :)

aw that story was brill he is lovely hun xxxxx

congrats! he's gorgeous - love him in his little tigger outfit!

congratulations! :flower: hes very cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->