Harmony, MaterniT21, and Panorama experiences please!

pandi77

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just had my blood drawn for my cell-free fetal dna test today. What were your experiences with this test? How long did it take you to get the results in? We opted to find out what the gender is so that is pretty exciting. Thanks very much in advance for any input as I know this is relatively new and they are just now making it available in a lot of areas.

I think I might have to bump this one lol. I should title it baby used sign language on scan or something lol.

I think I might have to bump this one lol. I should title it baby used sign language on scan or something lol.

Maybe post this over in 2nd and 3rd tri? Might get more responses from ladies further along since the testing is pretty new. I'm getting the MaternaT21 test in a few weeks, so I'd love to hear your experience. When I googled it, I found most people got results in 2 weeks.

I had the MaterniT21 testing. :3 I loved it because it completely gave us peace of mind - even though the woman said she "hoped" she knew enough blood for it as well. It took me about 10 business days to get the results back. We also opt to know what the gender of the baby was, so we were excited to hear all the news. n.n

Best of luck!

I had it done today. Was trying to have it done before my cerclage which is next week so not looking like that's gonna happen. I don't want to know what they say the sex is so when I get theccall with the results I will tell them to keep that bit to themselves!

I had the MaterniT21 last December when I was around 13 weeks with my daughter. (Just looked at my calendar, and I had the test exactly one year ago, on Dec 13) I had been placed at a 1:11 risk for trisomies 13, 18 and 1:17 for downs, which is why I had the test. It took me 9 days to get my results and that included weekend days. My genetic counselor called me on the Friday b/4 the Christmas holiday was about to begin (Christmas eve was monday and christmas tues, so office would be closed) It was the BEST Christmas ever.

When she called, I was at the Walmart with my mom. My mom told me that when I looked at my phone to see who was calling my face turned pale white...I was so scared. Then the woman told me there was no chromosome abnormalities and I had to ask her to tell me again bc I was afraid I wasn't hearing her correctly. When that sank in, just as we were about to hang up, I realized I hadn't asked about gender and I wanted to know. She scanned the paperwork and told me I was having a girl. I cried all the way thru Walmart. I must have looked a fool but I didn't care. i was so overjoyed that the baby was healthy.

Baby came in May of this year, 5 weeks early, but healthy as can be. I hope you all have as wonderful experience as i've had. Good luck, ladies!!

Wow what great stories and thank you for sharing everyone! I guess I could try to call at the end of next week and maybe the results will be in. I am nervous and excited but feel like that will be a milestone significant enough to announce our pregnancy. Hoping for an all clear and excited to know the gender ...at least for us I know that's a personal preference. :flower:

I had the test done last Wednesday [11+1 weeks] & they said it takes about 2 weeks for results so I should get them some time next week. My doc was willing to do it for extra reassurance but I feel pretty good now that I got my nuchal results honestly. Still, I'm happy to have the peace of mind...we don't want to know the sex though so I guess I'll have to make that well known!

I had the test done last Wednesday [11+1 weeks] & they said it takes about 2 weeks for results so I should get them some time next week. My doc was willing to do it for extra reassurance but I feel pretty good now that I got my nuchal results honestly. Still, I'm happy to have the peace of mind...we don't want to know the sex though so I guess I'll have to make that well known![/

My office called me right after we left and asked if we wanted to know. I would hope an office would be careful not to spoil that for couples not wanting to know in advance. I wonder how many people have been told "accidentally" this way. Hope you get a clean bill of health!

Thanks! I know I'd seriously switch doctors if they just told us without asking...that would be a last straw situation for me lol. When he calls, I'll make sure to say before anything to please mark my chart that we aren't finding out. Hopefully that takes care of things! This is your first right? Do you have any thoughts on what it'll be :blue: :pink:??

My office called me right after we left and asked if we wanted to know. I would hope an office would be careful not to spoil that for couples not wanting to know in advance. I wonder how many people have been told "accidentally" this way. Hope you get a clean bill of health!

Thanks! I know I'd seriously switch doctors if they just told us without asking...that would be a last straw situation for me lol. When he calls, I'll make sure to say before anything to please mark my chart that we aren't finding out. Hopefully that takes care of things! This is your first right? Do you have any thoughts on what it'll be :blue: :pink:??

It is our first and I keep seeing a boy when I visualize the baby and have the occasional dream. Hub has had a name for a girl since our ectopic loss last summer though so maybe his intuition is stronger lol. We will be thrilled either way and when we know I can start shopping for onesies and other gender specific goodies. I haven't bought a thing yet but will be through the first tri when we get the results and so think I'll let myself indulge a bit then. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->