Harper Grace Sheeran 11/01/09

caitlenc

Mommy to Tiny Seahorse
Reaction score
Well, ladies, my little bundle arrived 3 weeks early!:happydance:

On Saturday the 31st, I took a train into the city with my Mom and brother and his girlfriend to see a Broadway show. My husband was supposed to come, but was home sick with a cold at the last minute, which is how my Mom came to be with us. I was 36+6.

During the shows intermission, I went to the loo with my mom. After peeing, I stood up and then felt like I wet myself. Thinking my bladder was being difficult, I peed again and went back to my seat.

About 10 minutes into the second act, I began to suspect I was leaking fluid, so went back to the bathroom. When I came out, I told my Mom I might be leaking, and when I described the feeling, she agreed that was probably what it was. She asked if I wanted to leave, but I wanted to finish the show (it was fantastic), so waited it out until after the finale.

We grabbed a cab to the train station, during which time it became very clear that my waters had indeed gone. The hospital is a 45 minute train ride from NYC, so that was a bit awkward. On the train I called the doctor, who told me to go straight to the hospital. So then I called DH, told him what was happening, asked him to pack my bag (which I had put off doing--oops!) and meet me at my Moms house so we could go to the hospital. He was shocked, to say the least!:haha:

We arrived at the hospital at 1 a.m., and they hooked me to an IV. I was confirmed as 2 cm dilated with ruptured membranes, but was only mildly and erratically contracting (I couldn't even feel them). They waited until 4 a.m. to see if my contractions would come on on their own, but they didn't, so I was put on pitocin. The contractions kicked in around 6 a.m., and were quite bearable at first.

My mom joined us in the delivery room around 11 a.m., and my doctor came and checked me at 11:30ish. I was 3 1/2 cm dilated, 90% effaced, baby at zero station. We sent DH home to pick up a couple of things and shower, thinking we had some time. Right after he left, the contractions started coming thick and fast, and it really hurt. I moaned and breathed through them, as my Mom talked politics to try to distract me (it didn't work!:haha:). At this point I told her to call Chris and get his ass back to the hospital, as I had asked for my epidural and felt he needed to see some of the pain before it was over!:growlmad:

He made it back, and they came to give me the epi. It took 2 jabs to get it in, and it didn't work, didn't even TOUCH the pain. So, for the next hour I was contracting one on top of the other, with no relief in between. It was, without a doubt, the most painful hour of my life. Finally, the doctor came to fix the epi, and then I was in heaven! They checked me again, and I was fully dilated (which is why the pain had been so bad). DH was all ready to catch that baby, but I sent him to get lunch first, as I wanted a few pain free minutes to myself before the pushing started.:thumbup:

He and my mom came back. I started pushing at 2:30 p.m., and it was my favorite part of labor. I felt like I was being productive, and I was so excited to see my child and find out what team we were on! Also, my epi worked in such a way that pushing wasn't painful, just uncomfortable. I pushed for 38 minutes, and my daughter arrived at 3:08 p.m. on November 1st. They put her on my belly, and she cried right away but very briefly. She is absolutely perfect, and the strongest little girl I know! She came out exactly 3 weeks early, weighing a healthy 6 pounds 13 ounces, and measuring 19 inches long! The pediatrician gave her a clean bill of health, and labeled her as "perfect". I have to agree with him!:happydance::happydance:

We are home and doing well, she is 5 days old and an absolute joy to behold!:cloud9::cloud9:

https://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/Caitlenc/th_babygirlsheeran.jpg

https://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/Caitlenc/th_caitharper.jpg

Oh that's a beautiful ending...3wks early, there's hope for me yet...CONGRTULATIONS...she's beautiful

congrats cait, welcome to the world harper (seahorse to us team naughties)

she is beautiful.

Congrats Caitlen!

Harper is a real beauty and it is a stunning name too. Hope you are keeping well

xxx

aww congratulations Caitlen and hubby. you must have been quite calm to stay to the end of the show!

She's beautiful xx

What a story!
Congratulations again to you & Chris. She really is a beauty.

Congratulations Caitlen :happydance:

Harper is absolutely gorgeous :)

Congrats! She's lovely, really well done :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back