Harris Frederick Robinson, born 24th July 09...xx

whitelilly

Mummy :)
Reaction score
Well, where do I start?

Bambino was due Sat 25th July... Mon 20th I started to get a low backache that would just not go away and I was feeling sick on and off. At the back of my mind I wondered if it was back labour but I also thought that maybe it was just because he might be a big boy!

Anyway that week I was just bored out of my brain and cleaned like mad and slept lots as was so tired!

Thursday 23rd- I was really hormonal. I think I cried at a couple of ads on TV and I also cried when my sister didn't come see me that morning because I was so bored. Then hubby went to pub after 5-a-side footy when I had asked him to come home and I freaked at him! Anyways, he gave me a lovely foot massage and we looked up the reflexology points which he pressed and rubbed a few times!

Friday 24th- Woke up after a great sleep! Was meeting friend for lunch at 12 so got up and got self showered. About half 10 I went through to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea but I was so thirsty so I also got some water but I choked. Well the choking must have done something because my waters broke and there was water EVERYWHERE!!! Phoned hubby and told him to get home then called my mum and labour ward who told me to come straight in. Contractions started shortly after that and were 5 mins apart exactly but they were all in my back and I was in agony!

12.30pm- got to hospital and was told I was 3cm dilated!! My back was getting more painful and I couldn't stand up, sit down... plus water kept gushing out all over the place! Had to stay in pre-assessment unit as labour ward was too busy!

3.00pm- got up to pre-labour ward and was in AGONY in my back. They let me go in the bath and I lost my plug in there. Got out begging for pain relief and was given 2 co-codamol!! By 4.45pm I was really in pain and so I was re-assessed and was fully dilated!

5pm- Taken to labour ward and started pushing at 5.40pm. Pushed for 1 hr 40mins but bambino was suspected to be back to my back. NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!!!!! I knew that ages ago! Anyways, consultant came in and examined me and said "yep baby is OP" so I was whisked off to theatre for a spinal, episiotomy and forceps delivery, wth cesearean as a final option. By that point I didn't care and just wanted my boy to arrive safely!

7.57pm- Baby Harris came into the world via forceps weighing 8lb 5oz (big for a girl who is normally a petite size 8!)....

Now it's 13 days later and I am recovering slowly but surely. My baby boy is amazing and I am so in love... he was worth every minute of pain and discomfort and still is :cloud9:........ xx

Baby Harris 1 day old.jpg

Congrats! We were due around the same time... glad everything went ok.

Congratulations! He's gorgeous.

Congrats lovely, he is absolutely perfect x

he his beautiful and such a lovely name i want an Harris x

Well done on your blue bundle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->