Has anybody made their own Mei Tai?

rwhite

Mum to Lachie and Clem
Reaction score
I found a pattern for one so I'd quite like to pinch mum's sewing machine and sew one myself...:cloud9: So just wondering if anybody else has done this and if you would recommend it?

I'm using a moby at the moment, which is great but I've been told that they can only be used up until around 6 months?

Thanks ladies :flower: x

ETA: Here is the pattern if anybody is interested
https://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/asian.html

ive made my own mei tai and i love it, couldve done with making the body a bit bigger though as it was perfect when she was smaller but now it doesnt really cover her properly, goes up to about her shoulders

x

I've made a couple too- they are easy to make and super comfy :thumbup: great way to build up a stash of carriers too :blush: I haven't used the Jan Andrea pattern, but it looks like a good one.

you sooo dont even need a pattern, just cut out a rectangle however big you want for the body, make a curvy line on top, then cut out 4 long rectangles

thats it

x

Yeah but you're clever with sewing Ellie, I need step by step instructions! My pattern is with my sister at the moment :growlmad:

Sorry to hijack but what materials did you use Ellie and how much? And would you think one of those mini sewing machines might do the job? It's all I have! :blush:

i wasnt clever with sewing then, it was one of the first things i ever made when i was pregnant haha

all i did was cut out some cotton the size i wanted for the body, then cut out some fleece the same size, sew all teh way round leaving a hole to turn it through, turn and topstitch all the way round, closing the hole, then i took some more cotton and some more fleece and cut out 8 long rectangle of cotton and 4 of fleece, i layered the cotton right sides together then put the fleece on top, sew all the way round, leaving a hole to run through, turn and topstitch all the way round, decide where you want the straps to go, i did the bottom ones just flat across the bottom, sew with an x to reinforce, same with the top ones but theyll be on a slant :)

x

Yay thanks everybody for your replies! :bunny: I'm so excited to have a go at making one...they really do look so comfy, and I'm liking that I can put a pretty pattern on it as well :lol:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->