Has anyone actually asked their doctor..

littlebabyboy

Reaction score
Was gonna post in baby club but figured I'd get more responses here, hopefully.
Just wondering had anyone actually say their doctor down and asked them what would happen if a young baby actually got swine flu? Like I don't understand, they say it's soo serious if a baby gets swine flu yet they are not recommending vaccinating them?? Why? I wanted to get LO vaccinated today but I don't think they will dk it now as she is a little under the weather,light cough and cold etc. I really want to get her vaccinated as I'm so panicky of everyone sneezing and coughing round her.
I have this vision of her getting it and being on life support and maybe dying. Is this accurate? What did ur doc say to u?? Thanks.

One of the LOs in the baby group I go to got swine flu a couple of weeks after he was born. He was given Tamiflu and is absolutely fine now :thumbup:

Not a great deal according to our Dr. They would just get the flu, be given antibiotics and all being well, get better within 2 weeks. Unless they are in a high risk group they don't need vaccinating for it.

That's the thing though, some preemies have chronic lung disease due to being ventilated and needing oxygen and me and most preemie friends have been refused for our babies with CLD, so it's horrified us!

I thought preemies would be classed as high risk? Our GP said all children with lung/heart problems and some neurological problems are high risk. Tegan is high risk but can't have the vax because she's allergic to latex

I know TM crazy huh? alex is defo high risk for it. :shrug: but they gave me it, surely a high risk baby is more important than me being pregnant, I dunno... Xx

:wacko: It's mental. The NHS are a bunch of w@nkers lol! Have you asked your consultant etc? If you are really worried I would probably take that route. When our GP said Tegan didn't need it we made him ring her neuro consult and ask him, he said she did need it but can't have it due to latex sensitivity. They don't give it to pregnant women here!

sb it said in the paper ring nhs direct if your child has lung or heart problems and ask them where to get them the jab x

Thanks L and soph x I will try that method, doctors surgery is as much use as a choco,ate fireguard

Lea: I was told that it is latex free (I'm really allergic) I'm supposed to be having it soon so it better had be :wacko:

I was told that they will only vaccinate children who are at high risk and have current ongoing lung, heart, neurological problems or have compromised immune systems for genetic reasons or due to being on immunosuppressing drugs.

Sandi: The only thing I can think of them saying no to Alex is because she doesnt have 'ongoing' lung issues iykwim (ie she isn't constantly poorly with chest infections) and is otherwise healthy? No idea but that's all I can think of :shrug:

That's what I thought but I know a few others who can't say the same :shrug: shhhhhhhhh you'll jinx us

I blooming hope it's latex free, i've had it and i have a serious latex allergy !. I never had any type of reaction to it, but i had it combined with the normal flu vaccine.

I heard that they wud be seriously Ill?Even otherwise healthy babies. Prob wrong!Thanks ladies tho that's reassuring!

Our GP said you can get either the latex free one or the one that is not latex free. They also said out PCT was not willing to buy the latex free one for Tegan which peed me off no end but the neuro said if they refused to buy it there was no way she could have it.

Young babies have primative immune systems which means swine flu could put a tremdous strain on a developing immune system. Some babies will be stronger than others. It is also important that children with compromised immune systems have the vaccinations as they will find it difficult to fight it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->