Has anyone changed their Tax Credits from weekly to monthly?

Natasha2605

2 girlies <3
Reaction score
I start a new job on the 30th, getting paid weekly (both me and OH are used to 4 weekly). I think it'd be better for budgeting the bills to get my tax credits monthly.

I'm just wondering if when I phone and switch then stop my tax credits for a month until they begin paying them monthly?

Not sure if that makes sense, brain's getting jumbled from a long day!

Thank you :)

I had no idea you could get them weekly, don't think they've ever given me that option!
I think it'd have to work so you get your last weekly payment at the end of a month maybe, then you'll be paid for the whole month at the end of the next month? I always get mine paid in the end of every month but that could just be to do with when I applied, I think they pay people at different times so you could ask for them to pay you at the start if possible.

Tax credits are usually paid every 4 weeks, which is not the same as every month. So the payment date will be different every month rather than always being at the same time.

What the others said, I will actually be getting 2 payments next month due to the way it has fallen, this happens once every year.

Im currently on weekly but want to change to monthly also

I didn't even know u could change them. .. mine have always been weekly. How odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->