Has anyone else been told this and have it be accurate?

p0ptart

Expecting my 1st!
Reaction score
I will be 37 weeks tomorrow. I just had my 36 week check up yesterday and doctor said I am 3cm dilated and 70% effaced and could have her anytime in the next 2 weeks. This is my first, not exactly something you want to hear with a first so I am kind of freaking out and hoping she won't be too early.

I also just lost some of my mucus plug today.

Have any of you been told this early on and have it actually happen?

I hear of loads of stories like this that end up going overdue, so wouldn't worry too much. But if she's ready to be born at this stage then that's okay, she's probably ready.

I was 2cm and 70% effaced at 38 weeks. At 39 weeks I was 4cm and 80% effaced. I went into labor 39w 5d at 9pm at night and had my daughter 39w 6d at 8:01AM. So you can easily walk around a few weeks being dilated and effaced. I wouldn't worry.

I was also 3cm at 37 weeks (with both of mine) and even 5cm at 39 weeks with my second. I went over 40 weeks both times!

I don't think it is any accurate indicator of when you will have your baby. No one knows what your body is planning, don't stress about it!

Not me but my sister was told this with her first at around 36 weeks. Her son was induced a couple days after her due date (she has Type 1 diabetes). From what I understand these number can't predict an early labor.

I've been 3-4cm and 65% effaced since 32 weeks. They swore once I resumed normal activity at 36 weeks she'd pop right out. Yet, here I am and my body has been quieter these last two days then the last 3 weeks. Only thing is today I've gotten more intense BH. I stopped the 17p shots over a week ago. DH and I have been having no holds barred sex....I've been walking ALOT. No go. Not even spotting after sex.

Babies will more often then not come when they are ready and while it's more common for women to go the full 40, it's not uncommon for women to go earlier. I myself have had children born at 35 weeks and 37 weeks and they've never had any issues and came right home with me.

I know birth coming sooner then expected can be scary but if your LO chooses to be born before the 40 weeks mark chances are it's bc they are ready. You just have to be mentally ready too :)

I was 3cm at 36 weeks, my MW told me that labour could start soon (I was having contractions as well) but that I could easily walk round for weeks like that before going into labour and thankfully I did, my DD was born at 41 weeks :).

You are full term now - don't worry if you deliver a week or two early. The baby will arrive when ready!

Congrats on your progression. My cervix is closed so tight at 37+ 5 that my doc hurts me every time he checks it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->