• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

has anyone else had a debrief after traumatic birth?

mumatmadhouse

number 6 on the way!
Reaction score
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone has had a debrief after traumatic birth? I am having an appointment with the consultant about 6 weeks pp but I am unsure of what to expect. I am gathering a list of questions I want to ask as I seem to have some blanks in my memory and feel that I need to get things straight in my head so I can move on. Other than our questions what, if anything, else can I expect? Tia x

I did it last time and they went through all my notes and explained what everything meant and what happened step by step and then answered my questions. It really helped me process and deal with it. I am going to do it again this time as unfortunately we had another traumatic birth.

Thanks for your response mjemma. Sorry to hear that you have had 2 traumatic births. I had a relatively traumatic birth with my 3rd baby but was never offered any sort of support and it took a long time to work through the feelings. This time I was offered support right away. I could have spoken to someone straight away but chose to wait a few weeks until I am stronger emotionally to go over things. I hope that you and your lo are ok x

I had it a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately it hasnt helped me but I can see why/how it could.

I've had to make a complaint to be able to get a debreif but thats due to medical negligence. I nearly died and so did my daughter just to sheer laziness

I've had to make a complaint to be able to get a debreif but thats due to medical negligence. I nearly died and so did my daughter just to sheer laziness

That's awful. I hope you are both recovering well and that you get some answers from the debrief. X

My "6 week check up" didn't happen until 10 weeks PP and my Dr didn't even know I had had a c section since the on call Dr had done it. So I got none of my questions answered :(

I'm going to ask for a debriefing, my birth was traumatic & I've no idea why things went the way they did. I'm dealing with some pretty nasty complications as a result. My biggest fear is that the notes don't properly reflect what happened. My community MWs have been falsifying my notes since I got home. Saying they checked my uterus had contracted, they didn't & saying they'd checked my LO over, they hadn't. I'm seriously considering legal action against the hospital I gave birth in. The whole thing was just awful. From the minute I stepped through the doors, to the minute we left. I was in for 4 days with LO as he had jaundice. Turns out I had no milk & he essentially starved for 4 days, despite me begging for them to check what was going on. They kept telling me it was fine. He lost 13.5% of his birthweight in 4 days & after we left one hospital, the next day we were sent to another - where they actually did checks & got him on formula right away. He's thriving now, but it scares me to think what could have happened if I hadn't kept pushing!

I had one just last week! I had a traumatic birth 4hours and 45 minutes ending in shoulder distotia and a third degree tear which took about 1.5 to 2hours to stitch up in theatre!

I just needed to have a few things explained as I was out of it on gas and air and didn't know what was happening! I also brought up the fact that the mid wife refused to believe my waters had broken at home and that I was in labour despite my contractions being every 3mins when I arrived at hospital!

I was told I would receive letter in the mail detailing what happened during the birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->