Has anyone else had...

Eclair

Reaction score
Palpitations?

Over the last couple of weeks I've been having episodes where my heart has been racing.
My heart rate jumps to between 110-170 beats/min
Its not painful but concerning.
It comes out of nowhere whether I'm exerting myself or not.

It feels like an adrenaline rush....

I've spent 2 days in maternity triage and no reason has bn found.
Still to get further investigations.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?:wacko:

Yep, I had this a ton with my 3rd pregnancy and after tons of investigation they said that maybe it was just hormones:shrug: They put me on a 24 hr halter monitor and found that even when I am sleeping my heart will go up to 180bpm. I had to see a cardiologist my entire pregnancy and they scanned baby's heart at 22 weeks to make sure she was ok. They never started me on meds but did take me off work at 30 or 32 weeks though. Just be sure to stay hydrated and avoid caffeine.

Yep, I had this a ton with my 3rd pregnancy and after tons of investigation they said that maybe it was just hormones:shrug: They put me on a 24 hr halter monitor and found that even when I am sleeping my heart will go up to 180bpm. I had to see a cardiologist my entire pregnancy and they scanned baby's heart at 22 weeks to make sure she was ok. They never started me on meds but did take me off work at 30 or 32 weeks though. Just be sure to stay hydrated and avoid caffeine.
The Obs Dr said it may be down to hormones but wanted me to see cardiology just incase it was an incidental finding of maybe a murmur etc.

I work long shifts and always get dehydrated then get UTI's. With being preggers I've made a point of making sure I drink plenty. I've cut out caffeine all together. So I know its nowt to do with dehydration/caffeine which I agree would be the usual suspects.

Im awaiting an appointment for a 24h tape.

Did your episodes continue throughout the pregnancy?

Did you go off at 30/32 wks purely because of this?

Thanks

My episodes did continue throughout the pregnancy and yes they took me off of work purely because of my heart (also because I am a nurse....on my feet 12-13 hrs a day). If I had a desk job I think they would've let me work longer. The caffeine and occasional dehydration made me have more frequent episodes but even when fully hydrated and no caffeine I still got them too. Funny thing though....I've only had one episode this pregnancy:shrug: whereas last time I was in the ER at 10 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->