Has anyone else have terrible anti natal care? UK

tu123

Reaction score
Seen one three times, changed team three times, last one spent 10 of 14 minutes filing my notes in an order she felt appropriate. She touched the Doppler on my belly for 5 second at the most but wrote a heart rate in the notes. Liar.

Last appointment I asked about movements because I'm concerned due to how quiet mine have always been. Her response? I'll send you an email with the new guidelines.

I'm on a growth chart due to size of my last baby(will be my fourth). I'm also vbac. Also had a horrific hole to hole tear with a previous labour which left me with continence issues nearly a year. So all of this is kinda important. I'm now 29 weeks so she has plotted fundAl height on this chance once and now decided that because I'm having a growth scan at 32 weeks that I don't need to see a midwife till 36 weeks. So the chart is pointless, the risk assessment is pointless, the Doppler is pointless, it's all shoddy care.

I'm honestly considering a home birth now. I'm so unimpressed by them. I'm a nurse myself and have a lot of sympathy for their workload. But this is something else.

Holy shit. Please excuse my shock but that is unacceptable. Why are they so shitty? I don't understand? The U.K. In general the prenatal care is a tad bizzare I must admit... I'm from Canada and here we are given impeccable care from start to finish. My OB has ultrasound machines in his office and he checks on baby whenever you want which is very reassuring. Is there any way u can transfer to an OB? I get it, some are pro minimal interventions but there should be certain protocols in place to adequately follow a pregnancy. Sometimes a Doppler just isn't enough. Sorry u are going through this xx

😱😱😱 call the community mw office. Change her. I did mine. I put in a complaint. Now I have a lovely mw comes to my house. You need to trust your mw. Sorry she is so awful!! Definitely make that call. All the best Hun x

Oh wow that's awful :( I had inconsistent care and some awful midwives with dd1 and vowed I wouldn't put up with that again. I used one to one midwives with dd2 which operate in certain areas with nhs funding but are a private company. The midwife I had was lovely but a little blase about some risk factors I had so I went back with the nhs with my third baby (this pregnancy) and have had an amazing community midwife, I just wish I'd had her for all my babies! I've only not seen her for 1 appointment as she was on holiday. I've had some issues this pregnancy so have seen a number of different staff in the hospital but I feel like having my community midwife as someone consistent I'm building up trust with is really helpful emotionally.

Sorry you've had that, my care was excellent so it can be done!

Yes, think it varies a lot from area to area. My labour particularly for my first daughter was atrocious, to the point where they miraculously 'lost' my notes afterwards so there was no record of what happened. I moved to the other side of the country for number 2 and the whole experience was better. It's so upsetting because you are totally at their mercy...

That's awfull. Contact your supervisor of midwives and ask for another one! I'm high risk and because of this I'm having the same amount of appointments as a first time mum instead of a 2nd as well as having my consultant appointments.

I saw a mw at booking in at 9 weeks, again at 16 weeks and haven't seen anyone since! Care can be very very variable to say the least!

Thanks guys. I had fab care for my second and third babies. It's why I'm so in shock I think. My hospital do not have a delivery ward or birthing centre. It's an hours drive to either of two hospitals. I just feel the system and their morale is totally lacking tbh.

I spoke to my hubby about it an decided I would ring the maternity day care with any concerns without issue.

They keep changing the staff around the three hospitals due to cost cutting so I guess it's messing up a lot of stuff. No doubt I'm not the only one in this position. But I must admit that the whole things has raised my anxiety levels over the birth. There is no trust if you see what I mean.

Anyway. It was good to vent!

My second pregnany, the MW hardly ever saw me- she was always off ill or on holiday or another! Then when she would see me she would sit there answering her mobile phone and taking her personal calls. I had concerns which she brushed off. I wish I had asked to change MW and may be issues would have been picked up. I didn't know I could change MW and definitely speak with someone about this as it's not on.

Some shocking stories in here, wow! So sorry you are going through this OP.

Seen one three times, changed team three times, last one spent 10 of 14 minutes filing my notes in an order she felt appropriate. She touched the Doppler on my belly for 5 second at the most but wrote a heart rate in the notes. Liar.

Last appointment I asked about movements because I'm concerned due to how quiet mine have always been. Her response? I'll send you an email with the new guidelines.

I'm on a growth chart due to size of my last baby(will be my fourth). I'm also vbac. Also had a horrific hole to hole tear with a previous labour which left me with continence issues nearly a year. So all of this is kinda important. I'm now 29 weeks so she has plotted fundAl height on this chance once and now decided that because I'm having a growth scan at 32 weeks that I don't need to see a midwife till 36 weeks. So the chart is pointless, the risk assessment is pointless, the Doppler is pointless, it's all shoddy care.

I'm honestly considering a home birth now. I'm so unimpressed by them. I'm a nurse myself and have a lot of sympathy for their workload. But this is something else.

That is absolutely horrendous and honestly I don't think that is the norm.

Through my 2 pregnancies midwives have been amazing. My care has been amazing!
Thorough midwife appointments, questions answered, Lots of growth scans and extra midwife appointments if needed. I got sent in to hospital after one appointment as they were worried about heart rate and had great care at the hospital too, was seen immediately and it was very thorough.

Sorry you have had such shoddy care it really is not on and you should definitely complain xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->