Has anyone else's direct debits come out early?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I check my bank accounts every morning to keep on top of things. I've just logged onto the bill account this morning and 2 direct debits have come out, one was due on the 22nd and one on the 23rd.

I know bank holidays mess payments up but neither days the payments were due are bank holidays so I can't understand why they have come out so early.

Usually I transfer money from the joint account to the bill account a couple of days before payments are due so they have took the payments when there wasn't enough money in the bank which means I'm now going to get charged grr!

I believe legally they're not meant to come out before. If it is due to come out on a public holiday then it has to wait until the next following working day. It should say on paperwork for your direct debits that payments will be take on or shortly after the date shown.

That's what I thought but both the tv license and car finance payments have come out early. I've known them to come out early in the past when the payment date has landed on a bank holiday but it's Tuesday and Wednesday that the payments were due to come out so the bank holiday will be over by then :shrug:

ide call them. in my experience they come out the day after the bank holiday but atms Tues & Weds arnt bank holidays they shouldnt of taken them... xx

check the date next to it. Our mobiles av gone out early but its got 22nd next to it. So its made us over but we have till 22nd to put it in as its not probably cleared yet

I've just checked and it has 22nd next to both of them. Does this mean I won't get bank charges? x

Some banks systems don't recognise nob working days so on non working days the system junps to the next working day. If it says the 22nd then effectively that's when it will happen. (This would also show any credits due on that day too) because in theory it hasn't happened if u do an online transfer today the date will have today's date on so when Tues comes u have the money so no charges.

They have to send a request for payment the day before its due so for the payment due on tues because of public holidays they have to send a request on thurs night. You shouldnt get a charge though and you have until tuesday to make sure you have money in the bank.

Ahh okay thanks :) as long as I don't get charged it's okay! There's enough money in there now, I transferred it over as soon as I realised it had been taken out early.

I've just checked and it has 22nd next to both of them. Does this mean I won't get bank charges? x

no u wont just make sure u put money in by the morning on the 22nd. We are with natwest and it has to be put bac before 12

If it ever happens again u know now. Just always check the date next to t

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->