has anyone ever forgot your birthday, friends/ close family?

shazney22

Reaction score
Just wondering if family/friends have forgot before, and what you did when it came to their birthdays.

All the time, my family and friends have always had a mind block it seems when it comes to mine. I always send a card at least on theirs.

my parents forgot my 19th birthday. I got up for work on the day and they were just like, ok see you tonight. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't get a phone call half way through the day from them actually admitting they had forgotten!! I would have much preferred to have come home to a card a present and believe they were really just pretending.

My birthday is 1st January :) noone has forgotten my birthday - probably because I constantly remind them as soon as its Xmas :haha: x

I don't really care if people forget about me thb
butt if they forget about my kids thats another story !!!

My Birthday has been forgotten lots of times and so has my boys, it seems to be second nature in my family that me or one of my boys be forgotten at least once a year. I used to send cards to eveyone regardless if they got me or not but since new year I have decided it is going to be like for like from now on, you forget me or my boys then I will just as easily forget you and your kids. I hate doing it as it makes me feel crap but why should me and my boys be the only ones to be forgotten.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i feel like mandy81, not bothered about my birthday but if family...... and its my husbands family we have problems with as my family are decent people lol...... 'forget' my girls birthdays then it annoys me..... because i would say it isnt even a 'forget', how can you forget when there are constant reminders lol

ANYWAY

Even if a family member doesnt acknowledge my daughters birthdays for what ever reasons, which in my opinion is just wrong as they are children and family regardless, i still wouldnt purposely leave out their childrens birthdays, i couldnt do it and dont do all this 'tit for tat' buisness.

can you tell i have issues on this topic :haha:

my MIL doesnt bother with my youngest daughter and didnt even bother sending my husband a card or even just picked up the phone or even just sent a text on his birthday.............my hubby was gutted about it. shes a knob............but still his mum........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:grr:

My DAD forgot my birthday the other year I was so pissed off! His excuse was that he'd already gave me my present a few weeks before so in his head it had already passed, I went to his house and was sat there for like an hour and then mentioned something about it bring my birthday and he was like :O shit haha I stormed out anyway

My dad forgot my 20th, totally forgot.
I called him and asked what day it was, his reply, Wednesday! :dohh:

Mines on monday, ive not had 1 card yet starting to think mines been forgotten already lol!

mine is tomorrow.... same day as my parents anniversary but i wont recieve a card or anything not even from my sisters, you get use to it after a while xx

My parents "forgot" my 16th 17th. 18th and 21st .... oh and my 23rd (last years) but its more like ignored than forgotten :/ x

I would still do what I usually do for theirs! I wouldnt be bitter, people have busy lives!

Yep but it doesn't really bother me xx

people have forgotten mine, but I don't really mind. Life gets hectic and eve I forget people's birthdays sometimes. I have never forgotten family's birthday, but I have forgotten to send cards etc. I usually just make sure I wish them a happy birthday on the day. As for when their birthday comes aorund; it does't change the way I respond to their day; I still send a card, gift or whatever I would normally do. People make mistakes; no reason to judge them for something that's so easily done

People forget mine all the time! That must make me sound like a saddo with no friends LOL! I think a big part of it is the fact that I haven't got my birthday on my Facebook and people seem to rely on Facebook telling them which birthdays are coming up these days!

It's my birthday this weekend and I'm expecting over half the family and two thirds of friends to forget!

My mum forgot my 17th birthday, luckily she had already bought my presents and stuff, she remembered when my sister got up and the first thing she said to me was happy birthday x

Im not judging anybody or feeling bitter but it sometimes does make me wonder am I being taken advantage of, especially when your partners family asks what you want for your birthday this year after forgetting it last year & then dont say happy birthday or give you a card its just odd, and I am just accepting that me and my friends are drifting apart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->