has anyone got sticky blood??

linzie_d

1 angel baby and wtt
Reaction score
i lost my baby girl 6wks ago at 38wks 5days, had my follow up appointment yesterday and i may or may not have sticky blood i have to go back in 6wks for more bloods once body is settled down fully..... jsut wondered if any one on here has got it or knows some who had i need success stories and to be positive as wont no for 10wks if i do have it so need to focus on the good. thank you x x x x :wacko: :flower: :cry:

I don't know anything about sticky blood but wanted to say I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine a late loss like that, it must be heartbreaking. Hope you are ok.

Clare

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have heard of sticky blood. I was tested for it 3 times, but do not have it. The dr tried me on baby asprin with my most recent loss (@13 weeks) I am seeing a new dr and she does not think I need to worry about taking anything. for a while, I was thought to need to go on heperin or lovanox (not sure how to spell them). I have a friend pregnant with her third child, and she is taking lovanox shots every day. I hope this helps you. Again, sorry for your loss. I have been through something similar and know it's not easy.

I haven't went to my 6 week check yet...I'm sorry you are having to deal with the :wacko: craziness of it all....hang in there you will get an answer sadly not as fast as we want.

I am SOOOOO sorry for your loss. I can tell you as a nurse (not an OB nurse LOL) "sticky blood has to do with clotting. If you need to be on a blood thinner, such as asprin, Lovenox, Heparin, Coumadin etc. It thins the blood. Again I deal with it in say stroke victims, etc. The issue is the persons blood clots too much, so they put them on blood thinners to make it not clot and freely flow. When you have any kind of clotting issues a piece of the clot can break away and lodge in the lungs or the brain and cause death ultimitely. Have you ever heard of a sudden death and they will say the person "shot a clot"? This is what they are speaking of. Some people have the reverse issue and it is too thin, they can bleed out (like internal bleeding). "sticky" blood needs to be thinned out with meds.simple blood tests can tell the MD either way.
The good news is they are completely managable, with meds. HTH

((HUGS))) to you and your angel.

thanks sammy. he doesnt think i have it all the time jsut maybe only in pregnancy if that makes sense? and also wont no for 10wks if i do have it bloods may come back clear as i had them taken wen body was experiencing massive trauma. i have never had any problems with my blood wen have previous bled always scabbed well and have never had any clots wot so ever in my body. wot will be will be hey. have spoke to soooo many mummys who have it now and have had succesful pregnancies with it can jsut hold on to the positives that if i do have it is better to no than keep loosin babies. x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->