Has anyone had straight pitocin induction AND an unmedicated labour

aliss

Reaction score
If so, can you share, what was the pain difference like

I got pitocin at 10 cm when my contractions stopped. TBH I dident notice any difference but I think that was because my body had chance to realise it's natural pain killers( it's late and I'm tired so can't remember there propper name.)

I had an induction with a Syntocinon drip which is the same kind of thing as pitocin, and a natural birth with my 2nd child. The pain difference was unbelievable, the induction was extremely painful and i ended up with an epidural as i just couldnt stand the pain, especially as they wanted me to lie down to be monitored the whole time. The natural birth with my son was sore but nothing i couldnt handle and i didnt need any pain killers x

All of my labours were induced unfortunately but the first two I had gels and quick labours and the last one I had syntocinon. I don't think there was much difference really. I didn't have pain relief for any so that didn't cloud my judgment. I was fearful ocnethe synto was up that it would become too intense but at the point it did, I had my baby 8 minutes later.

I had two Pitocin inductions, both at 42 weeks. I didn't have any pain relief with either. The contractions were comparable to my other deliveries. Not especially painful, and both of my labors went very quickly. By the time the contractions got painful they broke my water and my babies were each born in under an hour.

Thanks for the replies. My pitocin induction was 3 days and 4 hours pushing so I really can't imagine any lower point of hell than that.

Ask me in a few weeks and I'll tell you! Had an induction due to Pre-eclampsia with pitocin and an unsuccessful epidural. Planning a homebirth without pain relief this time.

(Epidural was routine because of my weight, not requested. Won't let them bully me like that again!)

Ask me in a few weeks and I'll tell you! Had an induction due to Pre-eclampsia with pitocin and an unsuccessful epidural. Planning a homebirth without pain relief this time.

(Epidural was routine because of my weight, not requested. Won't let them bully me like that again!)

Good luck!!! I have the homebirth planned too.

I had pitocin first time and with Freya just g&a on transfer to stupid hospital. Natural labour is so much easier and the pain isn't BAM like when that pitocins increased! Your body gradually gets used to the increase in contractions and you produce your natural pain killers to deal with it. I've even said natural labours a walk in the park after a pitocin fuelled one!

I had Cytotec which I was told by an OB was worse than Pitocin (did get that too after delivery). I got Fentonyl, but only a few minutes before delivery and would have waited it out if I had know it was that soon. They didn't even plan on checking me again for 12 hours, so thought I was in for the long haul.

I had syntocin (similar I think) with my first. It was a long, drawn out, stressful process. We had twenty-seven hours of established labour and it was the worst pain ever. My second and third I had an unmedicated labour, it was such a big difference the pain was no where near as intense, I stayed mobile and so my complete labour for number two (from first contraction to having her) was 90 minutes, third was 45 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->