has anyone had this with a migraine?

C

cherryglitter

it started off with feeling like my arm wasn't my own? really hard to explain. like it kept catching my eye.

then my fingertips went numb along with my hand. i started seeing loads of small black triangles and i had to shield my eyes because it hurt. whilst this was happening the left side of my face went numb!!? and my lips felt tingly.

then the top of my head started pounding and my neck hurt whenever i turned my head.

can that be typical of a migraine? just a bit worried.

That does not sounds normal to me....I would ring the GP for an appt x

just to add that this was last night and i went to bed with it but i'm okay this morning.x

Doesn't sound normal to me, this happened to me once though, when I was pregnant with Riley, I was working and it was a double up with some one else, (and with out going into detail about it, it was a VERY VERY NASTY bed sore that the nurses came to attend to, it was horrific so the smell was awful) I told my supervisor how I felt after, and she said I was about to faint, as apparently that's what happens before hand?! :shrug: I've never fainted before, but it was a very strange feeling

hmmm maybe i was about to faint! i didn't though :haha:
think i might mention it to a midwife. my dad told me it's normal but now i'm not so sure.

It can be normal with migraines, especially in pregnancy. My sis in law had symptoms like this and the doctors and herself honestly thought it was the startings of pre-eclampsia, it wasn't, it was just an extreme version of visual migraine. I had something similar but when I was in high school, the teacher had the blinds closed to do something with the OHP but as they were slatted blinds; tiny chinks of light were coming through and it triggered a migraine; I couldn't see clearly, everything was going blurry and I was honestly seeing like these 'caterpillars' of circles and felt like I wasn't in control of my body. My mum was unable to collect me at the time so the childminder my mum used came instead and when I was violently sick my vision returned to normal. It was horrible but thankfully have never had that again xx

Sounds like the symptons I get with my migraines, mines start with my eyes going funny, maybe a black spot or several, or tunnel vision, then I will either one side of my face will go numb along with the same side of my tongue or my fingertips will go numb then eventually my whole arm. I have been to the doctors several times with these and we have come to the conclusion they are migraines.

My son also gets the same symptons when he gets his only he says he sees sig-zags instead of spots and he will always get a numb face and he will throw up.

I would see your doc anyway xx

half of my tongue went numb too! really strange.

sounds what my dh gets when he gets migraines. usually (numbness and/or tingling) starts on the left hand side of his body from his toes right up to his head and down the right hand side. if he doesnt get to bed in time, he will go yellow, vomit and pass out. his are usually triggered from eating certain foods or from drinking too much. of course he blames food and never says its drink

yep i get this everytime i have a migraine it feels like im having a stroke i start slurring then my left side goes numb i look at things and half of it is missing!

its awful!!

glad your better today xx

I had that, and I'm pregnant.. I thought I was having a stroke! But they say it's low blood sugar :shrug:

I've only ever had two migraines and both of mine were like that. The first one was when i was pregnant and the second was about 6 months ago. Mine start by seeing a small patch of zig zags but then it's gets bigger so i can't see anything on my right hand side, like i have to turn my head to see my right hand waving near my eye. Then my fingers go numb, have a headache and then i'm sick. The last time it happened it really scared me so i took myself to the nhs walk in centre where the doctor did some tests, like whether i could push him away. He said it sounds like an Aura migraine and the pill i was on at the time Microgynon was the wrong pill to be on so i changed to Cerezette. I get really panicky when i think i might be getting one and so i try not to look into the light when outside as i think that's what started off my last one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->