Has anyone here used the Clearblue Fertility Monitor?

louloubabs

Certified Doula
Reaction score
Hello lovelies,

Has anyone got any experience using the CB Fertility Monitor? We're going to start TTC at the end of next month but my cycles are extremely unpredictable (anything from 30-60 days) so I never know when I'm going to ovulate - I do use OPK's currently.

I'm wondering, does the Monitor give you a ''heads up' when it thinks you're getting close to ovulation? It says it can give you a window of around 6 days.

The reason I ask is because we would really love another girl and I'm willing to try the 'BD about 2-3 days before you actually ovulate' thing to see if it works. It just means I need to know approx 2-3 days before I'm going to ovulate and with my cycles as they are, I don't stand much chance at the moment. Haha!

Please let me know your thoughts/views/experiences :)

Thanks so much.

XxX:kiss:

Hi I don't have experience with the monitor, but I used opk to try and get a cut off for a girl who knows if it worked though :shrug:

Thanks hun. I think I'm gonna do the same and just stick with the OPK's :)

Hi,
I used the CBFM with both my pregnancies and I think it's fab!!. It does give you a 'heads up' and let's you know when you are going to ovulate. Its like the OPK's and shows your low fertility days heading up to your 'peak' fertility days and finally indicates when you have ovulated. We used it when TTC pink and stopped DTD 3 days before I ovulated. We tried this for 3 months + I didn't get my BFP so DTD a day before ovulation on the 4th month + got pregnant with my 2nd boy!!. They say the shettles method doesn't work (DTD 3 days before O) and it's more to do with diet + vitimins!!!. I don't know what to believe!!!. Have a look at the genderdreaming site, its fab for tips for TTC Pink or BLUE!!!. I'll be trying the LE diet next time!!:) good luck xxx

Thanks so much hunni!! I've been looking at the diet info a lot too and saw some info on the LE diet the other day. Just this minute doing my Tesco shop online so off to see what I need to add to my basket ;)

Thanks again! :D

Hi Hun have you been tested for pcos?

Hiya hun. I was tested about 4 years ago when TTC my 2nd as my cycles were all over the place then but they said I didn't have it. Considering being re-tested though just incase.

I have a monitor! You get high fertility reading a few days before your peak (ovulation). It says not to use it with irratic cycles and PCOS though. :-( xx

I have a monitor! You get high fertility reading a few days before your peak (ovulation). It says not to use it with irratic cycles and PCOS though. :-( xx

Probably not worth me trying it to be honest as my cycles are verrrrry erratic. Hoping the Fertili Tea and other supps I've bought will sort the erratic-ness (pretty sure that's not a word...) :blush:

Thanks hunni :)

That's so strange your cycles are all over the place must be super frustrating. Mine are 28-34 days and that's annoying enough. The O method has been kind of busted though cause more then often people are saying they are getting girls from DTD on O day and boys when they have only had sex like once that mth and it was like 4 days before O. Diet gives you a better chance and having an acidic vaginal environment. ( you can get sylk lube and acijel to help with that. ) we are ttc a girl as well, we have two gorgeous boys already so really want a girly. Good luck Hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->