Has anyone not got a positive pregnancy test till after 5 weeks?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Mother of one, Jan 22, 2013.

1. xmarshallx11

xmarshallx11 New Member

originally post by krissy 485
    Hi! With my first child i had this problem lol. i had ovulated late that month so i had light bleeding at the time my period was due which it had started on Dec 15 (2005 lol) any ways on Dec 23 i fell and dislocated my knee so more than a week after implantation and they did a blood test in the ER for pregnancy and it came back negative i told them they were wrong lol. so i kept doing home tests all coming back negative. I had my annual exam on Jan 2 and still they could not tell i was pregnant. It was Jan 9th before an urine test came back positive! 3 weeks after implantation and so when i went to my first appt. they tried saying that the light bleeding was my LMP and did my date with that but when they sent me for a dating scan cuz i fought so much about it was 2 weeks a head of that. so at that point they were saying i was like 9+weeks and i was actually 11+weeks. so they had to do my EDD by the dating scan and not a LMP because it feel right in the middle of the two lol. so yes there is hope! my dauther i found out at 3w3d i was pregnant and with my 3another boy again i was almost 6weeks before i got a + test. Good luck!!!

( Hi Krissy485, So My cycles are usually 30-35 days, my LMP was June 10th, I dont know when I ovulated, But I have been taking HPT after HPT and the doctors did a urine test July 28th and it was neg, and all of my home tests have been negative, and I went to the doctors for a pap smear aug first and she said how my cervix was hard to find bc it was really high, and they also did a quantitive blood test where they check for a HCG number level, and it was supposedly 0 and ive taken a couple of home tests since then and they are still neg.. I am now 29 days late.. still no period, expecting my next period in 5 days.. ive been cramping for the last 2-3 weeks and around when i was supposed to have my last period I had VERY light pink and very light brown spotting for a day after intercourse.. and then it was gone.. and now my nipples have hurt for the last 4-5 days... Idk what to think..

2. xmarshallx11

xmarshallx11 New Member

Also just another side not, I miscarried about a year ago at 6 weeks.

3. x-ginge-x

x-ginge-x Mum of 1

This thread is over a year old, you may wish to start your own

4. Benjismom1987

Benjismom1987 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how your endocrine system is, so that could be in play. With our son, I didn't get a positive until after my period was late, and it was still faint. Think I was 5 days late? My husband couldn't even tell.

Not sure how much help this is, but I would suggest getting a blood test done, it would be definitive by now I would think. Good luck, keep us [email protected]

5. Firewalker62

Firewalker62 Member

Oh my gosh! I'm not the only one... I got a negative test today but I feel really pregnant. I have only had sex once in 4 years so & that was 4/3 my symptoms have been escalating it seems I have every sign of pregnancy except a positive test. The nurses made me feel crazy & "humored" me by taking a blood test because I insisted while they gave me smirks & dirty looks... If I had sex on 4/3 how many weeks could I be pregnant. I'm irregular & haven't hady period since 1/16.