Has anyone out there experienced what im going through?

metoyou19

Reaction score
Hello there

Well it all started 3 weeks ago when i found myself experiencing some very common pregnancy symptoms.
I was feeling naucious throughout the day, certain smells (especially coffee) would turn my stomach, my breasts were sore and swollen, especially my nipples which had gone a light brown colour, i was craving stupid things like marmite (which i have never been able to stand) and was going to the toilet stupid amounts of time during the day. i had lower back pain and small pains in the bottom of my stomach. not to mention my hormones were through the roof!
Anything that was said to me in the slightest bad tone and i was in tears!
I was CERTAIN that i was pregnant.
So even though it was 4 days before my period was due i decided to use one of the first responce pregnancy tests.
It came out 'POSITIVE' :happydance:
I then done another one the next morning just to be sure and it was also 'POSITIVE'.
So i told my partner the good news and he asked me to do a test for him the following day so i did and it came out very faint 'POSITIVE'!!!
I was a bit upset but thought that it was probably because i had done the test at night and hcg is at its highest with the first urine of the day.
So we discussed it and decided to wait until the day my period was due and do another one then just to be sure of the result.
So we waited anoter day and when i woke up i was on my period!!
I rushed to the bathroom and done two of the digital pregnancy tests and they both came up 'NEGATIVE' :cry:
I was so shocked and confused so i called my GP and asked to make an appointment.
My Doc told me that sometimes tests can be wrong if you take them too early. But surely you cant misjudge 3 positive tests can you?
Especially when my body is giving me so many symptoms!!
So my doc took 2 blood tests and they both came back 'NEGATIVE'!!!
Its been 3 weeks since then and im still experiencing some of my symptoms but not as strong as i was before.
Its mainly my swollen sensitive boobs and nausia that are affecting me, i am still having some strange cravings though and my stomach has been getting noticably bigger.

I am verry confused as to what has hapened, its horrible being told that im not pregnant when my body is telling me that i am!
Im just waiting until im due on my next period to decide weather to take another test or not because i dont think that i could take the upset of seeing another negative.
I have read that some people can have what is called the 'hook effect' and it has crossed my mind that this is the solution to what i am experiencing but i dont want to go to my Doc and just be called paranoid again!
Does anyone have any suggestions? or advice? or has even been through the same kind of thing? as i am running out of ides!!!
please help!!

aw hun that must have been horrible. i have some symptoms atm sore breats, and back pain and pain in lower stomach but dont want to take test just yet as feel it myt b 2 early.

Hi & welcome! It sounds like you had a chemical miscarriage. I had the exact same thing. But i went straight to A&E as soon as i started bleeding. They did tests & confimred i had miscarried.
So sorry to hear & i hope this is your month.

Just a word to say thankyou, After i saw your post i looked up chemical miscarriage and it seems very likely that is what i experienced. I just wish that my doctor could have been a bit more sympathetic and explained the possibilities of this to me. I am still confused as to why i am still experiencing some of the symptoms though. I hope you dont mind me asking but did you still experience pregnancy symptoms after your chemical miscarriage?

My friend actually had a very similar experience. She got a :bfp: yet when it came time for beta blood testing she was negative. Yes, her period had started as well... they say that these early pregnancy tests often can be hard on woman. Because, some place I read that they predict pregnancy too early and often before they were available a woman would of never known she had a m/c

anyhow GL and welcome :friends:

Welcome..sorry to hear that your doctor really didnt give you all the reasons that you were feeling like you were. But don't worry about them thinking you are paranoid when you go to the doctor.. that is what they are getting paid to do,, take care of you. If they give you any rude comments or arent nice to you. I would find a better doctor

Hi, same happened to me 3 weeks ago...been ttc forever with PCOS. Got faint but noticible BFP ON 4 tests then over 3 days they got lighter. Went to docs as I was concerned. Bloods were negeative. I've not had a bleed tho so unsure how this could be chem preg???

...and my stomach has been getting noticably bigger.

If it's only been 3 or 4 weeks, you can't really count this as a preg. symptom - sorry. You don't start getting big until about mid 2nd Trimester and def not in 1st Tri.

Your doctor sounds like a bit of a jerk though... I'd say go to a different doctor - out-patients at hospitals are a good bet for this - and tell them you think you had a chemical miscarriage, but you're still getting these syptoms of pregnancy.... just to set your mind at ease. I'm sure the doc will be able to tell you what's up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->