Has anyone settled on names already?

Becky81

Mummy to 1 beautiful girl
Reaction score
With our first we had a list of 4-5 names but when she was born she suited none and we chose something different. She ended being Hannah Anne Scott (Anne is after my gran who passed away suddenly)

This time we've settled on one name only and have already started calling her it. Megan Faye Scott (Faye comes from a dear friend who passed away at 24 with cervical cancer) :(

Anyway a few people who've found out we've settled on a name already are calling us mad! :wacko:

Well me and OH were ttc for 3 years so it's no wonder we have names lol

But yes we have both a girls and boys name picked out and I'm so excited!

Yep, we had our name for a boy decided when I was pregnant with my second, which turned out to be a girl :)

This little guy will be Stanley Edward :D

We haven't "officially" settled on a name, but out of the four names in our list there's only one we can imagine calling our son. Still waiting to hold baby in our arms before we tell everyone that's his name though, because what if we realise it doesn't fit him?

Yes we decided early on that we would have alexander for a boy or Alexandra for a girl. We like that the names can be shortened in lots of ways so our little girl can be:
Alexandra, Alex, Allie, lex, Lexie, zandra or xan. Whatever suits their personality best.

We have one girl and two boy names picked out. LOL

We already have a son called Elliot James and are thinking of naming this one Ivy Belle but this may change!!! XxX

We aren't settled on names yet. We usually have a boy name and girl name picked when we go into the hospital. Right now we like Lincoln James (James for my husbands best friend who just passed away from cancer)

We picked our daughters name when I was really early on in the pregnancy (like, probably less than 10 weeks), we never decided on a boys name, so a good job she was a girl really haha!:haha:

This time we have made list upon list of names but although there are two names that stand out to us, we haven't completely chosen yet. Finding it harder this time to chose a name! Especially as we don't know baby's gender either.:wacko:

We knew as soon as I found out I was pregnant with this one what his name would be. It was one I'd liked and DH did too. I just had a feeling it'd be a little boy so although we picked a girls name I mostly called the baby by the name we chose ;)

Yes, we have a girls name and decided on (after my mom who passed away in 2006). Haven't even discussed a boy name as we both believe it is a girl. LOL. Guess after the gender scan on 1/25 we will know if we have a name or need to think of a boys name.

Everyone already knows our girls name and nobody thinks we are crazy or they are good at keeping it behind our backs. LOL.

With my daughter I knew her name as the night I found out I was pregnant I had a dream I had a little girl and her name was Tiana. The next day I told everyone and they thought I was nuts. Well now I have a 16 year old named Tiana Nicole. :winkwink:

No I wish we have lol!
We can't agree. I want Braxton ( it's normally a surname but I think it's nice for a 1st name ) 'Brax' for short but hubby won't agree to it. The only name we do agree on is 'Jett' but its becoming rather popular where I am :(
And I pretty much dis like every other boys name I've come across apart from my two boys who are Seth and Eli. We are giving this bub two middle names as well. The 2nd will be Warren after my pop and I like either Samuel or Silas for the 1st middle name as I like to have a biblical name same as my older boys lol I'm really anal about names and finding it really frustrating.

I keep going back to the name Asher. So his name would be Asher Sandy Manning.

My nan had a mild freak out at me, when I said it. When it boils down to it, it is my decision.

We have had a couple names for both a boy and girl picked for a couple years. We have only told a couple people our names as waiting a bit longer until we know gender.

Yes, we've chosen Maia's name and call her by it. We decided on the less popular spelling for many reasons. A FB acquaintance changed the spelling of her baby's name Maya to Maia when I mentioned that's how we were spelling it. Never mentioned anything about changing it, just edited all her posts. :shrug:

Anyway, we love her name. I want her to have a middle name as all my side of the family do, but we've been unable to come up with anything as her surname's going to be double-barrelled. I'm one of the last on my side so want it to keep going for another generation, at least. :)

We kept going back and forth with names until we found out yesterday that we're having a girl. Then we both settled on Jordan Ava, but not telling anyone until she's born. I don't think you're mad for already having names, it's part of preparing for a new baby!

With DS1, we had a name for 2 years before he showed up, as he's named for a friend we lost to a car accident and has DH's grandfather's Chinese name.

We've had a girl's name picked out for at least 5 years now, and we figured we'd be good considering that DH has had 4 generations of 1 heir to carry the last name. But alas, we have broken that curse and are at a loss for names for DS2.

He'll be Sir Squirmy II until we have a name. As for people and opinions, I don't really care what anyone else (except DH) thinks about DS2's name once we figure something out. It's a decision DH and I have to make.

We have a girls and a boys name picked out. The boys name is the same choice we had for DD, had she been a boy! I don't adore them like I do DD's name, but I think that's because the name represents her and I adore her! We named DD at the 20 week scan and will probably do the same with this one. Really helps to bond in my opinion.

As soon as we found out we were having a girl with DD we picked the name Louise, it was the only name we both liked and once we had decided on it we didn't feel the urge to look at other girls names.
We always said if we had another daughter she would be Jessica but its now really common so I've gone off of it :(

We've picked out Lizzie and Oscar at the moment but both keep going on and off of them so not sure they will stick.

Find out sex in a couple of weeks so will decide on a name then.

I have my scan this afternoon we have names for each but as soon as we know the sex i will let people know what it is :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->