Has anyone sucessfully lost alot of weight after a c-section?

devon_91x

Mummy to Darcey Paige x
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm new to the weight loss group! :wave: I'm Devon and i have a 2 month old daughter called Darcey. I had her by EMCS and i'm struggling to loose the weight. To be honest, i didn't actually put on that much weight whilst pregnant, but after the C-section i've been left with the dreaded 'overhang' and a saggy stomach, which is really starting to get me down.

As you all probably know its so hard to find time to do exercise whilst looking after a newborn, and cook yourself 'proper' meals. My OH works full time, so i'm home alone with her all day during the week, so most days i tend to have to skip lunch and end up snacking on rubbish.

I was a size 12-14 pre pregnancy, and am now a size 14-16 so i've only gone up a dress size, but i'd love to get down to a size 10-12UK. But i've read things online, saying you will never get a flat tummy again after a c-section. I just wondered if, and how, anybody has managed to slim down after their section? And maybe if you just had a normal birth, how did you manage to do it? What kind of exercises did you do? I take my LO for a walk everyday in her pram, but its just so limited as to what i can do. I was thinking of seeing if there was any slimming groups nearby me.

Thank you x:kiss:

Hi I had 2 sections very close together 14 months so ive had to tackle 2 lots of baby weight. I was a size 16 when I fell pregnant first time and I am now a 14/16 (My mum treated me to a lovely dress from Hobbs this week in a 14) I think as you wean you will find you start making healthier meals and I also bought the 30 day shred dvd by Gillian as it is a quick hard workout so results are fast. I still have a couple of stone to lose but its not baby weight (apart from my lower tummy)

That's so weird i also bought the 30 Day Shread DVD the other day! Done Level 1 last night, got up for a night feed at 2am this morning and thought my legs were gonna drop off! Ouch! I've heard great things about it so im gonna try and do it every night if i can, hoping to see at least a little bit of weight drop off!

Yes i think weaning will help, as i am not buying jars of food, i plan on giving LO what we have, just blended, and obviously won't be giving her rubbish food. It's annoying because when i do the shopping i always buy healthy foods, such as fruit, veg, fresh meats etc etc, then OH comes home from work with muffins and chocolate! But hes started to put on weight now and hes moaning that hes got 'man boobs' haha, so im convincing him to stop buying the rubbish food and i think its working!

I've lost 31lbs since the end of may :D my belly isn't as flat as it used to but it's not too bad!

I've been tracking what I eat on an app on my phone. I started it just to see where I was going wrong and just put in EVERYTHING. Surprising how snacking and picking adds up :shock:

Xxx

Since may iv lost 35lbs, the first 28lbs I lost really quickly within about 8 weeks of him being born, the last 7lbs has come off slowly, iv not being dieting because I'm too tired ad busy but iv slowly lost it by doing little things like more
Waking, swapping to light version, having 1 slice of pizza or 1 biscuit instead of 4 with a cup of tea, I'd like to lose another 12lbs but it will probably be after Christmas now.
My stomach I doubt will ever be flat now, 2 kids, 1 c section and a million stretch marks, it's not so much fat but
Loose skin. Deffo not bikini ready! It doesn't bother me that much because I just wear control pants if I wear something tight so I feel more confident!
Sometimes I do feel down about it but I just have to look at my babies fr me to get over it xx

I have lost 12.5lbs so far after my c-section (well really since the day he was born ive lost 40.5lbs) .. but it IS possible

My stomach isnt yet flat, but I really don't have loose skin either, so i think it's plenty possible, it will just depend on if you've got loose skin or just some flab.

I was quick before : in the middle of messing with Tyler and trying to get him ready to come out into the living room, lol: I have done it by counting calories and i also work out on a recumbent bike for an hour 6 days a week, I pedal my ASS off.. I can get 21 miles out of it in that hour. :)

I hope that helps :) again your tummy's flatness will depend on skin.

My c section was 7 months ago and the weight just started falling off two weeks ago.
All the ladies I know who have really sexy flat tummies have all had c-sections so I know it's possible to have a flat tummy after, I hope I'm able to get one one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->