• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has anyone tried Clomid?

Mezzanine

Reaction score
Hello Ladies, I have not been on the site since February this year. I am 43 years old and have been trying to get pregnant now for over 18 months. I had been told 2 years ago that I was heading towards an early menopause. I was so devastated when I was told that by my GP, at the time I was 40 and single. I met my wonderful partner soon after and have been trying to conceive since. To my amazement, and utter joy, we discovered I was pregnant in January this year!! I had 2 days of such happiness and then of course I started to worry that everything would be ok. My Doctor at the Infertility Clinic confirmed I was pregnant and I was booked in for an Ultrasound. The baby, at 6 weeks, could not be seen on the ultrasound so I was told to come back 7 days later. I don't know how I got through those seven days. Sadly I was told at 7 weeks that I had miscarried. I and my Partner have decided to keep this all a secret from family and friends as no-one knew I was pregnant. We have been trying since and my Fertility Doctor in August suggested I start trying Clomid and to start taking the tablets on Day 2 of my next period. I was so upset when my period didnt start on time (I took a pregnancy test which was negative). I started to worry that they had totally stopped and I just couldnt believe how unfair it was, now that I was given an extra chance of taking Clomid. Thankfully they did start on Wednesday so I started taking Clomid on Thursday. The 5 day course is now over so I am booked in for a blood test on Day 21 for Progesterone and then see the Fertility Doctor the next day. Sorry this is such a long message. Has anyone else tried Clomid. Was it successful. I think I have been prescribed it as it is not clear if I ovulate each month and they need to check that. If this fails, I have been told that my only next step is for egg donation which has to be done overseas. Thank you everyone

Hi m,
didn't want to read and run. I have not taken clomid myself. May be having either ivf or iui at some point in the future though(privately as am39yo), if we can get the cash together.. Gp nor fs ever suggested clomid to us. Hope
all goes well for you.. And that you get your little baby soon. Xxxx

I didn't want to read in run either. I have never tried it but I know some ladies that have.

Loads of women on here have and have had success. Search on here (top of page) or even google 'pregnant with clomid' and you'd be surprised how common it is!

Good luck, hun!

Hi Mezzanine -I am pregnant with clomid. I too am approaching early menopause. I'm 36, my FSH levels were 16.4 and my AFC was only 3 on each side... (i dont' know how much you know about these things, but believe me that's not good news!)

I had 2 x cycles of IUI - the first was unmedicated but didn't work. The second cycle I took 50mg of clomid, CD2-6. I produced 3 mature follicles on it and got my BFP!

I was ov'ing on my own, but my cycles were very short (24 days ) and I was ov'ing very early (CD10-12). The clomid also helped me ov later (CD13 or 14) which I believe gave me a better chance for implantation, as the ovarian lining was thicker by then (it's scary how much you get to know about your body when you go through all this!!)

Like Omi says, there are lots of clomid success stories around - have a look on the 1st tri thread also. Good luck x

Just found this thread for those of you interested in reading Clomid success stories: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/387649-clomid-babies-success-stories-please.html

I've been trying clomid but I have a lot of chemical sensitivities and it turns out clomid isnt for me - it has made me ov though which is brillitant! I'm hoping to try femara next

I hope it works for you!

:flower:

Hi just read this with great interest. To cut a long story short OH and I have been TTC for over 2 years now. Tests showed my FSH was 10.1, day 21 progesterone perfectly normal but OH has a morphology problem.

Today have been to see FS and he has prescribed me 3 months 50mg Clomephine to take days 2-6.

I'm fortunate enough to have Mr Riddle who's a lovely FS and he's said the success rates with Clomephine are good but to be aware that if we do get our BFP we have a increased risk of twins or triplets as our age already elevates the possibility of that, and then Clomephine does also.

I've done a bit of search on pregnancy and Clomephine and seem to be a lot of people out there with success stories, also several sites showing that pregnancy rate for Clomephine is about 40%.

Sorry I waffled on.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you, and really hope it works out for you.

Ive been prescribed clomid by my FS but cos of my age its a private prescription..bit ticked off about being charged £365 to be honest but what can u do. We ahve decided anyway to have this cycle as normal and start clomid on the next cycle.

Good luck with it xx

I have tried clomid and I got pregnant on it this last time (I admit I miscarried it but at least this miscarriage was natural my other two I had to have D&Cs forClomid comes with some side effects that are unpleasant BUT it all depends on how much you want that little Sticky bean
Where I live I can get it at walmart for 9 dollars for a 1 month supply or 20 for three months

BUT I have a friend of mine who has been pregnant 6 times the first three ended in mc
and then she used clomid for every three after that an it worked every time ending in normal healthy full term babies

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->