Has anyone used the drug "Reglan" for extreme nausea ?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
My dr wrote me a script for "reglan" I have only used zofran in the past..... Has anyone used this and is it safe??

I haven't, but many ladies I know in my HG support groups have/do use(d) it.

it's about as effective as zofran, but for some ladies works better. A lot of ladies do complain of restless leg/twitching with it though.

Shoot me a message if you want to discuss HG support. ;-)

Hope you feel better soon. I'll be thinking of and praying for you. Its tough but hang in there.

I did with my second. I never had any sort of side effects from it. It worked just about as good as the phenergan. Although no meds of any kind could totally control my HG. :?

Same here, Milo - they can turn the volume down a little on the acid scream, but nothing ever quite works well enough. However, if I don't take my meds, I pay dearly...violently and pathetically for days.

The meds got me from barfing constantly down to a handful of times a day, but nothing controls the nausea aspect. =/

20 weeks can't get here soon enough.

I envy you who get meds. I had severe hg and was refused any meds. Irish medical board says no anti emetic is safe in pregnancy.
They only gave me something after I ended up in ICU.

The only med that would reduce the number of vomiting episodes (unless it was through an IV, those seemed to work much better) was phenergan. And only because it'd knock me out for hours. Now that I have kids, I can't take meds that do that to me :? I'd probably vomit at least 40 times a day, every day, unless I was in the hospital with IVs.
This go around I don't have HG :shrug:

Anyone who is having issues with HG and not getting the help they need, feel free to contact me. I have some amazing resources to help you.

Thanks ladies!!! It's been terrible, I can barely lift my head up without the world spinning and pounding headaches with severe nausea.....I wanted so badly to avoid taking drugs, my last baby was born with many health issues and I always wondered if it was from the drugs I took during pregnancy :/ so the side effects on this drug are freaking me out!!!
FIRST thing it says in bold letters is it Can cause a serious movement disorder called tardive dyskinesia and may be permanent ....
Uncontrolled spasms, depression/suicidal thoughts , high fever that can lead to death, and then headache, confusions, rapid heart beat (which already have) insomnia , dizzy ......
My dr reassured me its safe..... And then I read the 3 page list of side effects

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->