Has anyone...?

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
Home educated there child? Morgan is five (just) and I want to home educate him for a small time. He is currently at school but we found out one of the teachers has grabbed his arm, constantly bullying him (in my eyes), what I mean is taking food off of him, throwing his drinks bottles away, excluding him from activities, and also making him sit on his own etc. Any how the head teacher has identified who did it, yet has still not done a thing, and the arm grabbing incident was over a month ago.

Morgan is a sensitive little boy, he has the second birthday of Honey approaching and these issues are making it worse. So I want to home educate until he gets a place at another school. Has anyone done this? Do you have any advice?

omg thats terrible ! a woman down my way home schools she gets all the information on what she has to teach from a goverment website so she's in keeping with what they are doing at school,, you could try talking to a teacher they should have some info on the subject.. sorry it's not much help but that all i know ,,

there are loads of websites hun also my friend is a primary school teacher if your really stuck i could ask her if she has any info x

Thanks hun, Iv tried looking but the government websites just say that they have to be learning in accordance with a full time education, but that doesnt a set structure, set lessons, set term times or even following the national curriculum, just as lon as they are learning age appropriate stuff and you can prove it.

I can see why you are upset but I dont think you should be thinking of home schooling just because you have some issues at school hun. You may have decided to go down this route before this though.

I had massive issues with Emily at her first school and she was also having to deal with some traumatic events at home. I wont lie to you the school were pretty usless. I ended up moving her to another school and it was truely the best move I ever made for her. So if home schooling wasnt already on your agenda, there are other options first IYKWIM.

:hug:

Yep Hun ikwym, this isn't for the long term but just until there is space in another local school, as there isn't right now.

Tasha that is terrible and whomever is doing that should not be working with kids. I personally don't have experience with home school but i think its a great idea. but maybe public schooling maybe better - at the end of the day the decision is yours and what you think is best for your child. I think you should maybe look at another school. best of luck hun :)

Thanks hun, we will be on waiting lists for other schools but there is no spaces in the borough or the next borough at the moment.

Im also thinking about home schooling my daughter, there are no school places here for her, and dont think its rght for her academically. Im just so torn about what is best tho, On the one hand I think academically it will be better for her but the social side has me worried :dohh:
On a serious note, there really isnt all that much info, after speaking to my HV all I found out was that if you can show that the child is progressing at the right level your ok, she also said that they actually very rarely visit:shock:

Iv looked in to and actually they have no right of access, so that means you dont have to let them visit if you dont want them to, but you do have to able to prove they are learning whether it be by a written statement by your self, a visit or samples of work they have done.

We are going to have them come here in six to eight weeks to see how they can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->