Has my friend miscarried?

Sophiejash

Reaction score
I'm posting this on behalf of my friend. She's 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and has been bleeding for the past 5 days. It seems to have stopped now but was bright red and clotty. It hasn't been really heavy but has been constant and she's had what she says is not pain but aches down below. Her boobs are less sore but she says she still is a bit sore and still feeling a little nausious. Do you think she may have miscarried?

Unfortunately it sounds like it to me. That is exactly how my mc started. I found out through ultrasound that my baby didn't have a heartbeat at 7 weeks but I didn't start bleeding until I was about 9 weeks (or what I would have been had I still been pregnant). It started out light with a few clots, not heavy but constant, like you described. I didn't have much pain at this time and didn't actually pass the sac until I was close to 12 weeks. The cramping wasn't too bad when I passed the sac, just some strong menstrual cramps but nothing I needed to take pain relief for. I bled for a total of 28 days in all. If she is concerned, maybe she should see her doctor or go to the nearest ER to be examined. At 7 1/2 weeks, they should be able to see a baby and heartbeat on ultrasound. I wish her luck and hope things work out ok for her!

Thank you. She said the bleeding has stopped now (well it least it has for now). Doctors won't give her an ultrasound as they say the pregnancy was never confirmed but they are checking her blood levels. She had blood test on Friday and one yesterday and they're going to compare. So she's playing the waiting game for the result. I just wanted to try get some advise to give her some comforting words, but it doesn't sound too great does it?!

Thought I'd update you, she unfortunately lost the baby 😢

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"