Has my supply regulated or dropped?

BubblesBump

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So my lo will be 12 weeks tomorrow. Up until a few days ago I think I had a pretty good supply. If lo went a few hours without feeding I would feel engorged, and can easily pump anywhere from 3 to 5 oz per breast. But the past few days, I noticed that my breasts are no longer feeling as full as they were. I am no longer leaking either, whereas before I was soaking nursing pads. I can barely feel a let down now when baby is feeding. My breasts feel empty. I haven't pumped in about a week or so, and tried today and could barely get 3 oz out of both breasts.

Does this mean my supply has regulated? Or has it dropped? Would I still be able to pump. I go back to school next week and need to pump a bottle for him to take while I am gone.

Thanks in advance everyone :flower:

Sounds like they have adjusted to bub's needs :) You can still pump, but you will find you will get less as bub will drain them.

Sounds like they've regulated to me too. Leaking and feeling engorged are signs that you're making too much, or at the wrong time for your baby, so it's a good thing when it regulates. You might find it harder to express as the milk won't already be there, but if you persevere your boobs should get the message that more milk is needed, just keep going, the same as baby would do if he/she wanted more milk.

Glad to see this post as I too have been worrying about this.
Our little man is 5 weeks and my boobs are now soft during the day.When I tried to pump the other day I got hardly anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->