Has the nub theory been wrong for any of you?

I've only seen it be wrong a few times ( I've never got a good enough shot to see a nub on any of my babies so no personal experience ) I think your bub looks like a boy though.

I think it is more likely for girl guesses to be wrong and turn out to be boys than the other way around. Fingers crossed for you!

My first baby had a clear nub, 14/15 guesses were for a boy and she's a very girly girl - so yes, can definitely be wrong.

just saw this nub shot on Ingender 12+0 EVERYONE guessed :pink: (of course) and turns out today... it's a BOY lol hope that answers your question :)

https://ingender.com/Peep/74/74423/6a9eb24b-bfac-475c-acee-2fb8298817da.jpg

Don't be ashamed to admit to gender disappointment. It's a real thing. I experienced it myself last pregnancy. You can't help the way you feel--and of course, first and foremost you want a healthy baby. That goes without saying.

My SIL was told that her second baby was a girl and she wasn't even that early. I forget the gestation, but her OB was doing an u/s and told her. Several weeks later they saw a penis. Boy bits can often hide out between their legs!

I haven't seen an image however, but no matter what, do try to prepare yourself for a girl. Once you know for sure, if it is a girl, you might want to have one of those 3-D elective scans to get a look at her and begin the bonding process. I hope you do get your boy, but I have to tell you, once your baby is born its gender becomes meaningless. Really. I had a very hard time wrapping my mind around having a boy and very soon after his birth had completely forgotten about gender. You just don't care, you love them so much. Good luck!

I'm an ultrasound tech and my baby's nub was very girl like for 3 weeks. Then at 14 weeks, it became more prominent and raised. Baby is def a boy that we could see from 16 weeks on. Anything could happen in my opinion now...he tricked all of us! Hope you are doing ok :hugs:

See I'm the total opposite, I already have a little boy and I am absolutely desperate for a little girl this time. Me and OH can only really afford 2 kids, 3 kids becomes expensive with new cars, new housing etc. Ever since I was a little girl, and I imagined having children, it was always a little girl I pictured. Having a boy first was fine as I knew I had the second chance and I did want one of each. However, now I know that this is my last chance, I am so so desperate for a girl. It sounds terrible but I know that I'll be so devastated for a while if this one is a boy. Obviously I will get over it love him all the same, but I'll always have a hole in my heart for my little girl!

While I'm glad to hear your baby is healthy--as, no doubt, are you--I am sorry to hear it is not what you were hoping for. Give yourself some time to grieve. Gender disappointment is a genuine issue. From the other side of it however, I must tell you that your disappointment will very likely fade away once your sweet girl is born. I never thought I'd be able to bond with a boy and I now couldn't feel closer to or love my little son more. Sometimes these things happen for reasons greater than we can fathom. I've been there though, and I understand. Be gentle with yourself.

I'm pretty good as guessing nubs, I used to be a member of in-gender and always have a go at guessing what my friends are having based on their 12 week scan. I've been wrong a couple of times, though!

It's not 100%, that's for sure. I hope you get your boy.. But girls are amazing too, I promise :)

Edit: sorry, I didn't see your update! Congrats on your daughter, I'm sure you'll fall in love with her once she's here, even if you do feel disappointed now. Big hugs.

I didn't realize this was old ! NEVERMIND !
My first was a girl she's so excited to be a big sister n girls are usually more involved naturally it's fun!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"