Has this ever happened to anyone? *UPDATED ON PG 2*

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I had an ultrasound done today at what I estimated to be 7 weeks based off of opks, bbt and the time I had my first positive hpt. They found a gestational sac measuring about 6w6d and a yolk sac but no fetal pole. My hpt tests were getting darker so I don't understand if my hormones are rising why there would be no baby.

Is it possible that my baby is too small to see right now or that it is possibly hiding behind the big yolk sac? Having already lost two babies in the past I will be devastated if I lost a third! :cry:

I have no experience but looked up similar situations and most of what I came across were just fine :) (in fact I came across no bad endings) you are only measuring two days behind what you thought, and baby is so tiny I'm sure there is room for error. Do you go back soon for another ultrasound?

Yes, this is highly common! With my daughter, I was told I could have a blighted ovum and to come back for another scan in 2 weeks. A terrifying two weeks later, everything was fine!

kmr - They are having me go back in next Wednesday but didn't give me much hope.

VerucaSalty - I know how the wait feels. :( It is going to be a long week. Did they see anything on your scan or just a gestational sac?

Also does anyone know if the gestational sac would still grow if the pregnancy ended?

It seems unlikely... I bet everything will be fine. Who made you feel that hopes were low? The tech? Or a doctor? My gut and everything I just researched tells me all will be just fine for you. This is probably why my hospital won't perform ultrasounds this early... Too much error!

Mostly the tech. She barely said a word to me the entire time so I knew there must be something wrong. She was very quiet throughout the abdominal u/s and then had me use the restroom to do the transvaginal. After that I asked her if the little blob on the screen was the baby. She said no that it was the yolk sac and tried to run out of the room to avoid any more questions with me. She said that she had to go see the doctor and would be right back to have her talk to me. She was very rude with me. When the doctor came in she told me that it could go either way but to watch out for any signs of mc until my next ultrasound. I haven't had any bleeding or cramping yet.

In my first pregnancy there was a mix up with my appointments and when I turned up for my first midwife appointment it was actually a scan id been booked in for by accident, they could only see the sack and were very cold and just said 'can't see a heart beat' I was shocked & gutted then just as she was about to turn it off she said "oh actually there it is" I was about 6 weeks too.
Fingers crossed it turns out well for you!!!
So fingers crossed

Thank you, Miss Kitty. I keep telling myself that as long as there is a viable yolk sac that there is a chance everything is ok. Maybe the fetus implanted near the back of my uterus (I have a tilted womb) that made it hard to see this early. The tech who did my ultrasound was actually 8 or 9 months pregnant herself and she looked absolutely miserable! I know how she feels, having been there before, so she probably wasn't feeling her best and she really seemed like she wanted to get home. The ultrasound machine they used wasn't high tech at all. The image was blurry and hard to tell everything apart. I'm hoping a combination of those things may be why no baby was seen.

Don't have any experience but fingers crossed all will be fine, sounds like it's just a bit early good luck for your next scan xx

Beta came back at 29,000 which is normal for my gestational week. Now I'm really confused :dohh:

I guess I will just have to wait until the u/s next week.

Second ultrasound confirmed missed miscarriage. The gestational sac hasn't grown at all since last week and, though they found a fetal pole this time, there was no heartbeat. I am in for my third miscarriage and am absolutely gutted. No words can describe how I feel. I had a gush of red blood last night so I'm hoping the process starts soon. I really don't want to go through another D&C. :cry:

So sorry to hear that, I hope your body manages it naturally this time. Xxx

So very sorry to hear of your loss.

HUGS

I'm so very sorry that this has happened to you again. I hope they will now look into why this keeps happening to hopefully prevent it happening again. Sending big hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->