Has this happened to any nursing mommas????

nicoley

Reaction score
So here is the scoop I am currently doing opk for the last week or so and I am getting a strong line but not positive on the test...is the fact I'm not going dark as the control line is this my body trying to ovulate or what?? Still nursing my 12 month old ???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 10
Hey. Nursing my 8.5 month old and desperately want another ASAP! Haven't had my period return yet. Pre baby I always had LH in my system - on any given day my opks would look like what u posted.... That was my norm. For 4 months post partum I had zero LH show on the opks.... And slowly I have started to show some again and also get near positive and positive ones ( Internet cheapies and clear blue digital).... But atlas no period.

I think our bodies are gearing up..... But the whole return to fertility could take weeks or months.... So sit and wait? Ugh!

I have had ewcm and high open cervix too.... A bit of spotting and loads of preg symptoms including 2 weeks or icky/ painful/ gross feeling breastfeeding ( that was post the positive opk)..... With no bfp and no period in end

I'm attempting to wean babe to formula to cut down further on breastfeeding and hope my period will return by end of year.

Finges crossed we both get our fertility back soon!

Yeah I have had a couple days of light spotting after what I thought was me ovulating..and nothing ...

I always have a light line on OPK.

I'm currently just pregnant following a miscarriage and BFing my 22 month old. It took my body 4 attempts to ovulate. The tests got almost positive, strong enough to make me think it was possible I'd missed the peak. However the line quickly faded only lasting a day or so. When I did ovulate it was very dark, darker than the control and lasted at the almost positive stage for a few days.

With DS I was BFing my 12 month old. I picked up ovulation. But the test was only just as dark, maybe not quite as dark.

That test looks negative to me. I usually have lines around that darkness.

Has your AF returned or are you trying to catch the first egg?

I haven't had a period yet..if we catch the first egg great if not that's ok too we were going to hold off trying till spring but not taking any precautions..I had some very light spotting on the 16 of October for 2 days then nothing

I am almost 7mnths PP, still EBF, and have not had any AF yet. I test with OPK's twice a day, and for the last 4 days have had BLARING ++'s OPK's. No temp rise yet. Took my last HPT a few days ago, and it was negative, I think, LOL. Waiting another week to take another HPT, but will use OPK's until then and temp. We are TTC, so at least the change in OPK's is something, LOL.

The spotting is caused by fluctuating oestrogen levels as your body gears up to fertility. Your oestrogen levels go up, but not high enough to trigger the follicles to start developing. When they drop again the fall in levels causes a mini breakthrough bleed.

I had symptoms like this approximately 4-6weeks before I ovulated for the first time post partum with #1. With #2 I was tandem feeding and my older child was up and down with her intake so I had about 3 months of symptoms like this, eventually getting AF back once I stopped nursing my older child all together.

Got this today..... But have had at least one known blaring positive before.....I always test when my sex drive spikes... In always right! Hopefully my egg will release. Will try to get hubby in bed tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 7
Im still nursing my daughter.
I just had my first period return, and this is my first cycle tracking O. I knew something was up last cycle because I had terrible O pain, tons of ewcm and my sex drive was crazy. Sure enough 2 weeks later AF arrived :) now im pretty sure im ovulating.
I've always had a line on an opk regardless of where im at in my cycle. Right now its somewhat dark but not a blazing positive (like yours). Im suspecting it will be within the next few days, my cm is watery and my temps are a bit wacky.

How exciting for u! How old is your daughter? Did you guys have much trouble conceiving her? I hope it happens again soon for you and me both! My mom caught with egg with me - in 14 months apart from my brother ( and she was breastfeeding). My daughter we caught first egg after a MC that I had a D&C with....

Exciting times!!

Shes about 9 and a half months old.
It took us about 18 months (it felt like longer) but even before that we were ntnp. So im really hoping that what they say is true and your more fertile after baby.
Im nursing about 3 to 4 times a day (no night feeds)
I would like 2 under 2 :) so it has to happen soon
:dust:
Good luck to you

Which opk do u believe?? Did a opk got a faint line then minutes later did another and got a darker line????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 7
Omg idk that's so weird! That would totally blow my mind! Lol

Uggggg..just did another to see figure I will compare with it...

I'm really unsure what's going on all my tests are basically staying the same and not changing..not getting any darker but not getting any lighter...thinking my body is trying to do something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->