Has vit B6 delayed anyone's ovulation??

mel102

Reaction score
I normally ovulate on cd19 but am on day 26 now and nothing the only thing am doing different this cycle is taking 100mg of b6 so googled it and have read it can delay ovulation!!!! Has this happened anyone else am so annoyed at myself now as my cycles are long enough!

I've been tracking my period for over a year and since I've been taking prenatals my cycle length has increased by a few days. 27-28 days on average now is up to 30-32. Since I've only been charting my bbt for a few months I can't say for certain if it delayed ovulation in addition to increasing my LP but up until this month I thought it might have delayed ovulation by a day. Now I'm not so sure as I've decreased my caffine intake this month and I seem to be gearing up to O earlier so I think there are just so many things that can factor into and effect our cycles. It's a bummer to have a longer cycles (when ttc) but if you have any kind of deficiency it might take your body a little bit to adjust. Are you charting? I didn't might so much to have my cycle lengthened because my LP was on the short side. Also, not bring deficient is super important if you know you're ttc. My OBGYN wanted to be sure I was taking prenatals and while it could be possible that its delaying ovulation there are also many other reasons for that.

Yes am charting I had ovulation pains on cd23 and a temp spike but didn't stay up so haven't ovulated my cycles are normally 30 days so it's got to be the b6 I think I will maybe lower my dose for a while

I just looked up the recommended levels of b6 and the maximum is 100mg! Lots of foods are supplemented with it too so decreasing it seems like a good idea, I had no idea what e recommended dose was before. Just for a reference, my prenatals have only 2.5 mg and that's 100% of the recommended daily value. Would you consider just switching to prenatals?

Am thinking of just taking the b complex for now on that also has only 2.5 I know it isn't very much but I don't want to mess my cycles anymore than they already are

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->