Has your child ever slept anywhere unusual?

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
So my 4 year old has decided she wants to sleep in her wardrobe. It's a built-in wardrobe with a sliding door which she has made into a den and filled it with all her favourite toys. She was going in there to play a lot last week and one day on the way home from school she told me she was going to sleep in there. I put her to bed as normal that night, but sure enough, when I went in to check on her in my way to bed, she was asleep in the wardrobe after having dragged her pillow, blanket and nightlight in there.

Every night this week she's been sleeping in there. Should we be worried? We've kind of just been going with it so far, she seems happy and for the first time ever she's actually happy to go to bed by herself and sleep with the lights off.

I'd really like to hear what everyone's thoughts are on this and whether sleeping in strange places is a common thing for her age?

To be honest it's not something that would bother me. If that's the place that she feels safe and comfortable sleeping then let her x

It sounds adorable! It wouldn't bother me either, I don't see why it would be a problem. What I would do is just let her fall asleep there and then move her to her bed once she was asleep. It's a phase, she's having a little fun with it and she'll move on from it soon.

My girl usually doesn't, once she copied my boy and both had their mattresses on the floor for a few weeks. My boy has gone thru a phase of wanting to sleep on the floor or half way under his bed a few times. When he was smaller I moved him into bed before I went to sleep buy when he got bigger I left him to it. Bought a 1 meter wide cooker hood a couple months ago and he put his pillow and duvet inside and slept in it for 4 nights as that was when we took it for recycling. At 7.5yr old!

He's never done that but at the moment he's got a thing of having to sleep with his dad's pillow and on top of his duvet with a spare duvet on top of him. I think it's normal at this age. What your lo has done sounds really cute, I'd maybe move her back to bed once she's asleep just so she's not achey from sleeping on the floor.

If it's safe, I wouldn't worry. The goal is a good night's rest and if that is happening in a safe environment, that's all that matters. Violet has not yet done this. She still wants to sleep in bed with us.

He's never done that but at the moment he's got a thing of having to sleep with his dad's pillow and on top of his duvet with a spare duvet on top of him. I think it's normal at this age. What your lo has done sounds really cute, I'd maybe move her back to bed once she's asleep just so she's not achey from sleeping on the floor.

I don't think most kids are going to get achey from sleeping on the floor. Most would do fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->