• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hate being wet...water birth?

redneckhippy

Reaction score
I'm going to be birthing (hopefully!) at our birth center, so I will have the option of the water birth. I understand it really helps with pain and preventing tearing. My thing is though, I HATE being wet. Like, I love being clean after a shower (once I'm dry and dressed), but I actually hate being wet in the shower and especially right after a shower when I get out (don't worry, I still shower daily! haha). I don't know why, I've always just really hated the sensation of being wet. I was just curious if anyone felt like I do, but felt differently during labor or actually wanted a water birth in the moment? I'm thinking I will bring a change of clothes just in case I do decide I want to be in the water, but it's hard for me to imagine actually wanting it. But, labor does strange things to us, I understand!

Personally if I could live in a hot bath right now I would:haha: But I think taking a change of clothes to give the water a try is a good idea. Maybe labor a little bit in the water and if you hate it you can get out and change or stay if you love it.

I don't hate being wet but I hate baths with a passion! With my last labour though OH practically forced me to have a bath and it helped so so much, and being in there didn't bother me at all.

I was never a bath person until bh started plaguing me. Lol funny about DH forcing you into the bath, glad to hear it helped!

I don't think water birth is for everybody. Some people love baths and others don't. I wouldn't want to dry birth but my MIL can't stand being in water during labour and has a need to be grounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->