Hate my pregnancy body :-(

E

Emma867

I got on the scales this morning. 11st 12lbs. Weight before pregnancy 10st 7lbs.

I've just had a bath and had a good look at myself in the mirror and I could cry.

Covered in cellulite, massive thighs, horrid veiny boobs, crusty brown nipples....the list goes on.

If I feel and look like this now, god knows what I'll be like full term :cry:

Don't be sad! It's normal to have a growth spurt in the second tri. I'm almost positive I had gained at least 20 pounds when I was at where you are.

Let's be honest - we're only going to get bigger! Then baby will come and we probably won't give 2 hoots about any of the podge. And then later on we can tone up and lose any weight that hasn't gone by itself.

Put away the scales, it really doesn't matter :hugs:

Awww don't worry everyone feels like this well most people

It's horrible, I'm finding the weight gain a real big issue, I'm used to hitting the gym to keep in shape and for me, losing my muscle tone and seeing those figures on the scales horrifies me.

I stayed in the gym up until 6mnths but just found it too draining.

It's horrible, I'm finding the weight gain a real big issue, I'm used to hitting the gym to keep in shape and for me, losing my muscle tone and seeing those figures on the scales horrifies me.

I stayed in the gym up until 6mnths but just found it too draining.

It's not horrible! And you can get back to your gym habits after baby arrives. You won't look like this forever.

I never understand it when girls say things like this. I stare at my body every night in a full length mirror and LOVE it, cellulite and all. Hubby loves it too. I swap pics with my other pregnant friends of our big fat bellies and we all revel I'm it!

Maybe it's cos we tried so long for our baby, I don't know. I blame our image-obsessed society, making some of us 'hate' any sign of imperfection even when that imperfection in this case means things are going well and our babies are growing.

I'm not 'image obsessed' thanks, I enjoy working out and maintaining a healthy figure.

I got on the scales this morning. 11st 12lbs. Weight before pregnancy 10st 7lbs.

I've just had a bath and had a good look at myself in the mirror and I could cry.

Covered in cellulite, massive thighs, horrid veiny boobs, crusty brown nipples....the list goes on.

If I feel and look like this now, god knows what I'll be like full term :cry:[/QUOTE

I know how you feel Hun I'm used to having muscle tone and now I'm really soft but now I'm so close to the end I've just let it go.....my baby is worth every dimple lol and I'm sure you are just as beautiful as ever xxx

I'm not 'image obsessed' thanks, I enjoy working out and maintaining a healthy figure.

I think your comment is a bit skewed though - your changing body during pregnancy is NOT unhealthy. That's all Trixie was trying to say (if I've understood correctly).

I do agree that the idea that slim=beautiful does make it difficult to love our bodies when pregnant, it would be nice if there wasn't so much pressure to have a neat little bump and to 'snap' right back within weeks of the birth.

I hope you can find a way to love yourself while you grow your baby - are there any parts of your body that you still think are nice? Your legs? Bigger boobs?

I described society as image obsessed, not you! I'm a size 8 pre-pregnancy and used to be under 9 stone, and also used to work out. But refuse to feel sad about my pregnant body just cos I can't maintain that now. It's a bloody miracle and amazing to witness!

So all I'm saying is, I feel so sorry for girls who struggle to comprehend that and blame it on society being image-obsessed (magazines etc that tell us we can only love our bodies if they're perfect).

Im probably getting too academic here, appreciate you just wanted to vent and lots of girls feel the same way as you. Just feel sad when I hear girls going through this.

I think your comment is a bit skewed though - your changing body during pregnancy is NOT unhealthy. That's all Trixie was trying to say (if I've understood correctly).

I do agree that the idea that slim=beautiful does make it difficult to love our bodies when pregnant, it would be nice if there wasn't so much pressure to have a neat little bump and to 'snap' right back within weeks of the birth.

I hope you can find a way to love yourself while you grow your baby - are there any parts of your body that you still think are nice? Your legs? Bigger boobs?

I don't think my pregnant body is unhealthy, I'm just finding it hard to deal with.

I do like the bigger boobs, shame about the veins :haha:

Guess I'm just having a rough day, I should've expected people to think I'm being vain and it's all part if being pregnant (which I understand) but that still doesn't mean I have to like it x

Cheer up hun, yes we all put on weight & yes our bodies change very dramatically during pregnancy, but it is all a means to an end & at the end of it all you will have your little baby in your arms & when you feel up to exercising again you will & you will probably be even more determined to get back in shape.

I am the biggest I have ever been in my whole life & some days the numbers on the scale depress me, but I am hopeful that I will get back to my pre-pregnancy shape eventually. Plus, hubby loves my belly (which is strange because he always said that he liked a slimmer build lol!) & he is always telling me how beautiful I look when I am having down days, so that helps a little bit!

I don't think my pregnant body is unhealthy, I'm just finding it hard to deal with.

I do like the bigger boobs, shame about the veins :haha:

Guess I'm just having a rough day, I should've expected people to think I'm being vain and it's all part if being pregnant (which I understand) but that still doesn't mean I have to like it x

Big hugs and I hope your bad day gets better! :hugs:

And there's nothing wrong with taking pride in your appearance, no-one here thinks you are being vain - we all understand! :thumbup:

I do understand what you are going through. I'm also the biggest I've ever been and frightened to weigh myself and I'm getting touchy if anyone mentions how big I'm getting. Also my husband said to me the other day, do I think I'll go back to the gym after which I took totally the wrong way even though he insists he was just interested and keeps telling me I look lovely...

I don't think Trixie meant you are image obsessed I think she meant as a society we are and that's why it can make us feel worried when we get bigger. We put extra pressure on ourselves when we should try not to worry about it. I can't honestly believe the amount of cellulite on my legs, I don't feel like I've been eating that much extra so where in the heck is the cellulite come from!! But I will lose it after, I've done it before so will be able to again and so will you.

Anyway, I bet you look beautiful, your weight isn't even that much hun, I am way more than that lol! You will lose it after :hugs: x

i feel exactly the same hun:( cant look at my self without clothes just feel fat an horrible, yes i love my bump but not all the cellulite, veiny boobs and tree trunk legs:( i totally get u:( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->