hates my avocado..what to do??

tattlebaby

Reaction score
She's 8 1/2 months now, so i mashed it enough to still have some texture. What can I try when baby does not like what you've made?

Keep offering it! My DD hated fruit and would not eat it. I kept offering it every meal along with what I knew she did like and eventually she started eating it and now fruit is her favorite thing in the world.

I believe they say you should offer something 7 - 10 times before you decide whether or not it is liked.

Good luck!

I wouldn't bother to mash avo for a baby that old. Maybe they would prefer slices?

Try another fruit? I like almost every fruit but I'm not keen on avocado at all. My dd loved satsuma segments at that age and pieces of pear and raisins. Offer her a choice and see what she enjoys.

My HV said it takes 20 tastes to try something to decide if they definitely don't like it, I personally can not be doing with the potential waste, my eldest hated avocado the first time he tried it, whereas he ate almost everything else so I just skipped avocado after that lol.

I can't imagine anything more disgusting than mashed avocado so I feel her pain!

What about making a guacamole for her instead to have with some breadsticks? My LO likes avocado on toast or crackers with butter or cheese.

I really wouldn't push it though if she genuinely doesn't like avocado (after you've tried some tastier ways of serving it) - my LO will not eat sweet potato - I've tried wedges, mash, with cheese but he hates it. I now don't serve it. I will try again in a few months perhaps but I wouldn't be very impressed if someone kept trying to feed sprouts to me with every meal!

Ugh i dont blame baby.. avocado is DISGUSTING! my LO wont eat it either. Give them a banana instead lol.

I'd just offer something else and then offer her a piece of avocado again when you have it, to give her the exposure without the waste :)

mine wont eat it plain but if I mash some into a dish of hummus, she will

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"