hating the car seat

MoonMuffin

Mom of 2!
Reaction score
My LO is 2 and a half months and has suddenly decided that she HATES the car seat. The past week every time she gets put in the car seat she starts crying her head off and wont stop unless we are rocking the seat or are driving. Even when we get her into the car, every time we have to stop at a stop light or whatever the reason, she starts up again. And when she's in the stroller you also have to be constantly moving or else she cry, even when she is moving she sometimes cry. It's becoming such a hassle to go out, I dread putting her in. Any idea's on how to get her to stop freaking out so much?

I had this problem with max at the same age lol I found hanging up some toys to keep im busy worked really well ..

But even now if hes not moving in it he will cry ..

Not a clue! We always have to move Hannah's stroller to keep her happy, I've gotten used to rocking it back and forth when we are standing in lines etc. just to keep it moving :wacko:

Yeah the toy bar we have sometimes works to distract her, but only if we're moving. And in the stroller we do keep it moving which does work a lot of the time, but she still isn't very happy about being in it :dohh:

yes i had this problem at the same age too, even now sometimes if the baby is cranky and the car isnt moving hell start crying, i found a toys that moves helps like our play mat came with this music playing flashing star which worked well and also believe it or not a mirror, we installed one so we can see the baby when we are driving but he loves it and looks in it all the time. They grow out of it so dont despair!

My LO is 3 months now and he does not like getting strapped in the car seat but he is ok once in the car and its the same in his pram but once he is in there for a while he does not mind. I dont think he likes being restricted!!

jack was the same hun at that age hes fine now though x think its an age thing x

Yep Tegan's the same, we have to keep the engine running in the car or she really kicks up a fuss :( Not sure how to help you though because whatever we do in the end it doesn't stop them having a strop lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->