Hauntings.........

Didz

Reaction score
as odd as this may seem, have any of you had to deal with living in a haunted house? or at least a suspected haunted house?

Yes,

Our last apartment I swear was haunted. I never experienced what I did there before so I didn't know what to think. At first I thought it was just my Husband and his friend joking around, but then it started to happen when they were not home. Sometimes the lights would turn off on their own, sometimes the water in the bathroom would turn on by itself, and I would hear creaking floors all the time even when nobody walked over them. I thought I was losing my mind, or would be attacked or something :rofl:

Now that we are in our new place I really haven't noticed anything like that so I do believe that it was the last apartment that was haunted, not anything attached to my Husband or myself.

I did have one other experience when I was younger. I was at my Nana's home while they were away. My Mum and I were in the basement getting the VCR ready to tape a show my grandparents really wanted to see. While we were down there we heard footsteps walking across the floor (down where their main hallway was on the first floor). It was very scary and to this day I will not stay in their house alone!

Are you experiencing something hun? :hugs:

That sounds a bit like our house. These are the things we're putting up with now;

1. shiny objects disappearing and turning up in random places. MiL reckons it's me having baby brain but things disappear when we're not home and why would I put a fork in the bathroom cabinet?

2. Footsteps heard all around the house. At first we thought it was our neighbours. We realised after a while we hadn't had neighbours for months. When we got new neighbours we started to learn which noises were coming from them and which were inside our house.

3. Kitchen furniture being dragged around at night.

4. Amy (my 1 year old) being let out of her pushchair and car seat in her room.

5. Doors opening themselves after we've checked they're shut tight. The latches are fairly new and if tugged on or pushed on they won't open.

6. Dogs going mental in our daughters room, running upstairs barking at nothing to be seen.

7. Amy giggling or screaming at something we can't see.

8. After taking bags off our bed (noisy bags at that) and shutting our wardrobe door (a walk in one with a normal door latch) we'll go upstairs to bed and the bags will be back on the bed with the wardrobe door wide open.

9. Heavy shuffling in my daughters room. We know when she shuffles in her sleep because it's a light rustling sound. We started hearing a really heavy shuffling over the monitor too. It normally occurs when we find Amy free as a bird in her room. LAST NIGHT was beyond weird though. We heard the shuffling and I put the monitor close to my ear to listen to what was happening. She whined and I heard a male voice say "it's ok". I ran up the stairs like a woman possessed, closely followed by OH and we found there was no one in there. We know you can hear other people's monitors over your own but I thought it a bit weird how as soon as she whined, this voice came over and we'd not heard any other monitor active. The only other male in the house was my brother in law who was sitting in the lounge with us watching TV.

10. I've been dragged down our stairs before. I wasn't moving to walk down the stairs at that point as I was checking my pockets to make sure I'd picked up my mobile phone. Both feet were tugged out from under me and pulled up, I flew down 4 stairs with this pressure on my ankles and made a grab for the bannister. OH flew out of the lounge to ask what had happened and saw the look on my face. Realized that something I couldn't explain had happened and made sure I was ok. Just to make sure I hadn't slipped went back, stood where I was before I was dragged and shuffled my trainers on the floor, they gripped well enough to not slide, no lip on the stairs to cause me to trip and so I checked my ankles. Round both were red marks left from whatever grabbed them.

OMG. I would not want to be in your house alone! I find the paranormal fascinating.

It would totally freak me out if I had activity like that in my house :wacko:

It fascinates me too lol. I think pretty much every house I've lived in has had something, either that or it's attached to me :S
I'm not so fussed about being at home alone with it. So long as I have background noise and I'm not watching anything involving the Slender man, I'm all good lol. If things do happen when I'm home alone I just tell it to sod off. Sometimes it does and other time it tries to push it and increase activity. That's usually the point when I tell it I don't mind sharing our house with it but if it carries on being a bitch, I'll have it exorcised lol. Seems to listen to that lol. What makes me laugh though is that people always assume that it only ever happens at night. In our house it's at all times of the day. We've had friends round during bright sunny afternoons who've heard the footsteps and just about laid a brick lol. The refused to go upstairs on their own even though the sun was shining lol.

Have you done any research into your house's history?

We've tried and we've got a team of local investigators looking into it too (not holding my breath because we've heard nothing for about a week), all we could find was an article from 1994 where a guy was killed by a forklift truck at the junction opposite our house.

We've tried and we've got a team of local investigators looking into it too (not holding my breath because we've heard nothing for about a week), all we could find was an article from 1994 where a guy was killed by a forklift truck at the junction opposite our house.

Do your neighbours experience anything in their houses? We live in a 300 year old house and zilch thank goodness.

I am not sure if you take spirits with you but I agree that some people attract spirits more than others.

I asked the neighbour who is attached to us and she said she hasn't had anything like that happen but she'll keep an ear out for sounds coming from our house when we're out etc. I lived in a house in another city that was a safe haven for the knights templar. THAT spook hated me with a passion. I'm wiccan and it caused hell for me living there. This one or two as I'm starting to believe, aren't too bad, mischievious and tend to push it a bit but 1 sooths Amy where as the other will just scare the crap out of the poor girl.

I'v not read all the post's yet but I will after i'v watched this film :)

My parents house is aunted :D

It's fascinating living here though, I can't deny that lol. The activity is slowly increasing though which is a bit worrying. I'll be listening to the baby monitor a lot more closely from now on and setting up a camera in Amy's room whilst she sleeps to see if I can pick anything up. My next move is to by a decent audio recorder to put in there too.

It's fascinating living here though, I can't deny that lol. The activity is slowly increasing though which is a bit worrying. I'll be listening to the baby monitor a lot more closely from now on and setting up a camera in Amy's room whilst she sleeps to see if I can pick anything up. My next move is to by a decent audio recorder to put in there too.

I've had quite a few experiences personally. I just wanted to say...as silly as it sounds....if the activity is increasing and if it's starting to be bothersome, try talking to it.

Like, loud, firm voice telling it to stop doing something..or to leave you alone. A lot of paranormal investigators believe that if you lay down the rules and let a spirit know that it is YOUR house and you are in control, you can either get rid of them or at least stop them from doing annoying things.

That sounds a bit like our house. These are the things we're putting up with now;

1. shiny objects disappearing and turning up in random places. MiL reckons it's me having baby brain but things disappear when we're not home and why would I put a fork in the bathroom cabinet?

2. Footsteps heard all around the house. At first we thought it was our neighbours. We realised after a while we hadn't had neighbours for months. When we got new neighbours we started to learn which noises were coming from them and which were inside our house.

3. Kitchen furniture being dragged around at night.

4. Amy (my 1 year old) being let out of her pushchair and car seat in her room.

5. Doors opening themselves after we've checked they're shut tight. The latches are fairly new and if tugged on or pushed on they won't open.

6. Dogs going mental in our daughters room, running upstairs barking at nothing to be seen.

7. Amy giggling or screaming at something we can't see.

8. After taking bags off our bed (noisy bags at that) and shutting our wardrobe door (a walk in one with a normal door latch) we'll go upstairs to bed and the bags will be back on the bed with the wardrobe door wide open.

9. Heavy shuffling in my daughters room. We know when she shuffles in her sleep because it's a light rustling sound. We started hearing a really heavy shuffling over the monitor too. It normally occurs when we find Amy free as a bird in her room. LAST NIGHT was beyond weird though. We heard the shuffling and I put the monitor close to my ear to listen to what was happening. She whined and I heard a male voice say "it's ok". I ran up the stairs like a woman possessed, closely followed by OH and we found there was no one in there. We know you can hear other people's monitors over your own but I thought it a bit weird how as soon as she whined, this voice came over and we'd not heard any other monitor active. The only other male in the house was my brother in law who was sitting in the lounge with us watching TV.

10. I've been dragged down our stairs before. I wasn't moving to walk down the stairs at that point as I was checking my pockets to make sure I'd picked up my mobile phone. Both feet were tugged out from under me and pulled up, I flew down 4 stairs with this pressure on my ankles and made a grab for the bannister. OH flew out of the lounge to ask what had happened and saw the look on my face. Realized that something I couldn't explain had happened and made sure I was ok. Just to make sure I hadn't slipped went back, stood where I was before I was dragged and shuffled my trainers on the floor, they gripped well enough to not slide, no lip on the stairs to cause me to trip and so I checked my ankles. Round both were red marks left from whatever grabbed them.

Oh my goodness! I think I would move if that happened to me lol.

I hope everything works out and maybe you can get some answers as to what is causing all of this :hugs::hugs:

I find that absolutely fascinating, but i'd be terrified if it was in my own house! x

Oooh I got the shivers reading that! I've never experienced anything paranormal but I know a few people who swear they have. Wayne said when he was a kid he saw something in a gown sat at the end of his bed. When he woke up he thought it was just a dream but he noticed that there was a pile of clothes on the end of his bed that were also there when he saw this figure, so he believes there was something there.

Personally I'd be moving house lol I'm a wimp when it comes to things like that!

Didz, it sounds like you have a very mischievous spirit in your house. If you are getting uncomfortable, then go and get some pieces of rose quartz and after running them under cold water place them either side of your bedrooms doors, one at your front door and one at your back door. This invites only loving energy into your homes, and should make you feel more at peace. :)

I'm sure I have a few rose quartz's somewhere. At the moment we've got salt in some small bags in my daughters room. One in her door way and one in the back of her pushchair. Since doing that, nothing has been directed at her. Nothing has been in her room apart from the voice which to me wasn't malevolent. It didn't scare her so I'm ok with that one.

I was talking to my Mum about Hauntings yesterday, and she said that when I was younger she swears I saw spirits. She had a couple of stories about it:

1. My great granny passed away when I was five or six years old, but nobody wanted to tell me because they really didn't know how to tell me.
I woke up the next morning and told my Mum & Dad that "great granny came to tell me she is gone to a big place and her doggie went with her" ... which apparently was true because the dog she had was old and they decided to put him down and bury them together. :shrug: not something I would do but it was my granny's wish.

2. My Mum says that in our old house I ALWAYS used to sit in one corner, facing the corner and talk to someone; carry on a complete conversation with them. She said quite often I would offer "them" my dolls. She said I called her Mariette, my great aunt who passed away when I was three.

I believe that some people are much more prone to seeing or experiencing ghosts/spirits. I know my DH says he never has and can't say he ever will believe in them because he was brought being told they do not exist. He thinks perhaps children experience them more because their imagination hasn't been "corrupted" by society yet lol - not sure what his reasoning for me experiencing them is :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->