Have A Serious Question!!!! For 2nd time or more moms please

msp_teen

Two Prince's & Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I gave birth to my son this past June 2013. I breastfed him for 4 months, meaning I stopped breastfeeding in October. I bled for about a week (but not heavy) on November 28th, then I bled heavily Dec. 7th (which was when I used to get my periods normally). I bled for about 5-6 days, which had me thinking it was my official period, January 7th has came and went and still no period. Is it possible that I'm experiencing irregular periods or could I be pregnant? Im slight terrified, I already have two boys! Input please.

Hi, I never breastfed (long story) but personally I would take a HPT to rule out if I wa pregnant or not and if it comes back negative then I would go to the drs. I didn't have a period for 16weeks after having dd and had loads of blood test done to check hormone levels and other things xx

It could be either, and the only way to know is test :)
My periods came back at 4 months (whilst still bfing) but they were very very irregular for the first few cycles. I think they settled down by the time dd was 9-10 months old, and I stopped bfing at 13 months.

I think a test and a visit to the doctor might be the only way to know for sure. Good luck :)

It does sound like your periods are back, although some people take a long time to get back into regular periods so it could just be your body settling down, but it definitely sounds worth testing to know either way xx

I finished breast feeding at 22 months and got pregnant 7 months later. My periods had not regulated in that time so possible its your period. I would do test in case

After I stopped breastfeeding at 13 months, I didn't get my period back till two weeks later. After that they were irregular for a few months, so it doesn't necessarily mean you're pregnant. I'd take a test to rule it out if you're very worried about it just for your peace of mind.

x

ETA: My first cycle after getting my periods back was 60 days. The one after that 23 days. After that 33. They were all over the place!

Could be either!
I'm pregnant and still breastfeeding, but only 3-4 times a day. I've not had AF since giving birth, we caught the first egg! :flower:
Good luck, hope you get the result you want!

Hiya, I had my girl in February, could only breastfeed for 3 months due to my oh going into hospital, I couldn't be two places at once, but my periods still hadn't settled by December, so was shocked when I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. They were really erratic, and after I had my son two years before that, they were all other the place for 8/9 months after breastfeeding for 4 months. Everyone's different, but I would take a test just to rule out another pregnancy x

Thank you so much ladies, so it could very well be that my periods are irregular! Because I've been taking birth control pills as well, but sometime last month I missed two days, scared me to death. But I will test just to be sure, but I'm thinking I just have a bout of irregular periods right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->