Have I left it too late? (Reusable Nappies)

Reaction score
After trying out the nappy Ellie made for Dylan, I'm starting to wish I'd have thought about this sooner. I love the fact that they feel so soft against his skin and that I know what's in them. Also, to say I thought they would be hard work, one wash every other day or so doesn't sound too bad to me!
Anyway, enough rambling, what I really want to know is have I left it too late? Also, what would I need as a bare minimum?
AND... I still don't get the difference between all the different types, I think the nappy Ellie made is a pocket nappy, which is great, but I don't understand what the boosters and liners and wraps are for!!! Is there a "Nappies for Dummies" website or book somewhere?
Lot's of questions there, sorry!

nooo uve not left it too late!! its never too late hehe

yeh the nappy i made you was a pocket nappy, boosters are just meant to add a bit more absorbancy, they usually go inside the nappy but can be put into the pocket with an insert if you want, liners are used mainly to keep the babys bum dry but on my nappies thats not such an issue because they have fleece inside anyway, i made u loads lol cos i thought u could use them with your disposies aswell, the liners also make it easier to wash, the liners catch all (or most) of the poo and then the nappy can go in the wash and the liner is the only thing that needs rinsing (or chucking if youre anything like me :blush:) the wraps are used to stop the nappy leaking, not such an issue if you have pul in your nappies but also can be worn over disposies :D

x

nooo uve not left it too late!! its never too late hehe

yeh the nappy i made you was a pocket nappy, boosters are just meant to add a bit more absorbancy, they usually go inside the nappy but can be put into the pocket with an insert if you want, liners are used mainly to keep the babys bum dry but on my nappies thats not such an issue because they have fleece inside anyway, i made u loads lol cos i thought u could use them with your disposies aswell, the liners also make it easier to wash, the liners catch all (or most) of the poo and then the nappy can go in the wash and the liner is the only thing that needs rinsing (or chucking if youre anything like me :blush: the wraps are used to stop the nappy leaking, not such an issue if you have pul in your nappies but also can be worn over disposies :D

x

:hugs: Yey thanks for answering, never thought of putting the wraps over his normal nappies! I felt proper stupid asking these questions haha, never mind.
Going to start getting more I think, they just look so much nicer, plus I didn't realise disposables take so long to degrade!
Where do I start? I'm poor so don't want to pay like £20+ per nappy.

Hehe, should I order through your site or pm you hun? I'm so excited now! What else do I need, a bucket with a lid?

yep on the site please hun, if u look on specal offers there is free shipping this week aswell :thumbup:

yeh, anything with a lid, a cheapy bin from wilkos will do well enough, i have a nappy bucket and ended up using one of the underbed storage things instead cos i fit more in :lol:

x

Can't figure out how the free shipping works? It adds 1p but still putting £2.81 on to order for postage?

Just had a look and my local council offer a £45 voucher to buy real nappies with. I'm so excited!!!

woohoo! i should really check what sefton council offer, i keep forgetting!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->