Have I missed anything??

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone can help me, I've compiled a list of things I have bought for baby and I'm just wondering if I have missed anything!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 tiny baby warm sleepsuit
3 tiny baby play suits
3 tiny baby sleep suits
3 newborn size sleepsuits
1 0-3 month dress
1 0-3 month sleepsuit
1 0-3 month playsuit
3 3-6 month playsuits
1 3-6 month sleepsuit
7 6-9 month playsuits
10 newborn socks
4 baby hats
3 scratch mitt
1 nappy stacker
3 Muslim cloths
1 swaddle blanket
6 bibs
1 hooded towel
2 hooded blankets
1 pair of booties
8 tommee tippee bottles
2 vari flow teats
2 dummies
Baby carrier
Crib
Crib sheets
Baby bath
Steriliser
Baby bouncer
Cot mobile
Cot
Cot mattress
Cot sheets
Changing mat
Travel system
Clipper
Room temperature monitor

I'd say you seem incredibly organised! I'm only just getting everything together with 9 days to go!

You def have everything you need initially I'd have thought, although I've gone for a lot more sleep suits/vests in the 0-3 range and haven't bought anything in the 3-6 or 6-9 range yet. I must have at least 15 sleepsuits & 15 vests in 0-3.. maybe too much? But I assume she'll def fit into 0-3 for at least a month or two, at which point I can shop for bigger sizes once I know if she's going to be tiny, chunky or average! I've hardly got any newborn stuff, most of it only seemed to go up to 7.5lbs, so strikes me most babies aren't in that size for long at all!

I'd honestly not worry too much, the best advice I was given at antenatal classes recently is not to panic about having absolutely everything before baby arrives. Very much a first time mum thing :) Most of us live near shops if we need anything (and OH's to send to said shops) and if all goes well with birth & recovery, you'll be able to get out and about soon enough to buy things yourself after the birth! Baby initially just needs some clothes, blankets, somewhere to sleep, something to eat and some kinda transport system, be it a pram or carrier. Oh and a car seat. Which is all very true :)

I personally think you are pretty set with that list. If you do find (or feel) you need more baby clothes, I'd wait til baby is here before getting more. It's often hard to know just how clothing will fit on an infant. All three of my kids have started off in 3-6 month clothing because the newborn/0-3 month stuff is too short for them even though they aren't super long babies. Plus, I usually just dress them in one piece sleepers for the first few months anyway just because I am such a homebody after the birth and go out as little as possible so who cares what they are wearing?

Thank you for your replies!! The only reason I've got everything so early is because our new build house isn't ready until very close to my due date and I'm going to be concentrating on moving rather than baby at that time XD so I was making sure everything is ready and packed!! And the 6-9 month clothing is just because it was a pack of 7 on sale massively XD and we have tiny baby girls in our family (4-6lbs on time delivery, plus 1 7lber that was nearly 2 weeks late), although I might break that trend but I wanted to get some tiny baby clothes just in case XD

I'm the opposite... I have to worry about huge babies lol. It scares me too because I never know how big they'll be at birth. I really wish I was on the other end that knew baby was going to be small even if I went overdue. My first was 9 lbs. and this one is already measuring in the 80th percentile :shock:

To answer your question though I think you're well set :thumbup:

Sounds like you are very organised!!

My last/third baby was 7lbs 6oz and tiny baby fit her for a couple of weeks. My first baby was 5lbs 8oz and tiny baby was too big!! My second baby was somehow a whopping 9lbs 3oz and at birth newborn fit her for a couple of weeks, so if you anticipate a baby in the 6/7lb region your sizing should be ok.

You are well on your way!!!

I don't see any onesies, you know for over the diaper/under the rest of the outfit. I don't think my son has ever NOT worn a onesie (and then a sleepsuit, playsuit, pants etc over it)

Otherwise I'd say you are very well on your way.

Invest in many muslin cloths tho, you are gonna need them. We bought ten at first but we have a spitter/puker (reflux) so we went through about ten a day. Which is not doable with laundry etc. So now we have about 30 lol. Even if you don't have a heavy spitter they do spit up milk (every baby does a little at least) and well it's pretty gross to use the same one the entire day (mostly because of the smell).

O and a temp thingy for the bath water? Nail clipper? I hate the nail clipper though, I bite my LO's nails because that never hurt him. I cut his tiny finger first time we cut his nails at 8 weeks. The horror. Nice blanket for traveling or outside walks?

Just tips, not necessities :)

What kind of onesie XD I couldn't imagine putting anything under the sleepsuits/playsuits! Otherwise how do you get to the nappy! I have actually got a clipper, I forgot to add it to the list XD and yeh I'll grab more muslin cloths thank you!!

0000758_baby-romper-korte-mouw-m3000-wit.jpeg

these things? is that not a thing in the uk? :p
Here a baby (even up to two year olds basically) wear a nappy, onesie and then an outfit over that. Maybe you have a different word for it?

I call those vests! Haha! So many words for the same thing! I was baffled when I first started shopping for clothes.. everyone told me to get lots of vests, which I took as adult, strappy type under top things! I was then pointed in the right direction! I call sleepsuits baby grows 🙈 But they are labelled as sleepsuits on packaging in the UK!

I second the muslin thing, I was told to stock up so I've got a fair a few. Pretty cheap for a pack of 5 in Sainsbury's/Asda! :)

Babies are such a confusing world :haha:

Definitely haha

I would get some more playsuits then, because especially newborns will poop a lot of thin gunk that could shoot out of the diaper. If you only have a couple playsuits that may be a problem :p

Thomas drools and spits up so much that not even a bib can stop it so he changes out of his playsuit at least twice a day! Usually more.

You need more vests and babygrows in all sizes. I'd say a minimum of 10 of each otherwise you will be constantly washing!

You need more vests and babygrows in all sizes. I'd say a minimum of 10 of each otherwise you will be constantly washing!

I agree with this but difficukt until you know what size baby will be! We were given loadddsss of 0-3 sleepsuits as gifts (but no vests/playsuits!) I found Asda first size good as they go up to 9lbs, could've fit DD in 0-3m twice until she was around a month old! Are you planning to use the swaddle blanket for sleep? Blankets aren't immune to escaping poo/spit up/food that mummy drops during feeding or cuddles lol Aldi are starting a baby event today, good place to pick up sleeping bags/cellular blankets and muslins amongst other things! Everyone raves about their nappies they're so cheap (unfortunately DD hates then when they're wet!). Don't buy too many size 1 until you're sure how they'll fit as well, the upper weight limit doesn't apply to long babies!

I agree with this but difficukt until you know what size baby will be! We were given loadddsss of 0-3 sleepsuits as gifts (but no vests/playsuits!) I found Asda first size good as they go up to 9lbs, could've fit DD in 0-3m twice until she was around a month old! Are you planning to use the swaddle blanket for sleep? Blankets aren't immune to escaping poo/spit up/food that mummy drops during feeding or cuddles lol Aldi are starting a baby event today, good place to pick up sleeping bags/cellular blankets and muslins amongst other things! Everyone raves about their nappies they're so cheap (unfortunately DD hates then when they're wet!). Don't buy too many size 1 until you're sure how they'll fit as well, the upper weight limit doesn't apply to long babies!

I'm planning to use sleeping bags for sleep, I went into Aldi today because they are a bargain at only £8.99 each but they hadn't arrived on the delivery so I might have to fork out for some unfortunately! I hear good things about their nappies, and have got a sample pack to try on baby before I purchase loads haha

It's really hard because I'm like 90% sure I will have a small baby but don't want to spend a fortune on small clothes to then push out a porker :rofl:

Your list looks great :thumbup: I would just add some more muslins (babies sick up etc they are great :thumbup:) and more vests & sleepsuits although you may get some as gifts once baby arrives.

My babies were 8lbs and my son went straight into 0-3 pretty much but my daughter had to have some tiny baby items as she was diddy despite being 8lbs!

Yeah no sleeping bags or high chairs so will have to go back again! I had a couple of newborn outfits and had one up to one month in the hospital bag just in case!

Looks good I'd just buy a few more vests and sleepsuits in both sizes until you're sure of baby's size. It's easy to get through 5 in a day at least with nappy explosions and baby puke! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->