Have you guys lost friends due to having a baby?

C

Ceejay123

I've had to make a whole new set of friends after having my LO, as people just don't understand.. Or don't want to make an effort when you have a child. My friends seem confused by the fact that I won't go out to town every week drinking with them, and that I expect them to come visit my LO rather than have to drag him across town to them.

My friends were all men, and now have become women.. big surprise. I'm honestly tired of feeling as though I've got nobody to talk to when I'm feeling low... Because none of my friends that I trusted understand.

Did you guys realise who your true friends were when you got pregnant?

have any of you lost NO relationships with your friends? x

I realised who my friends were just before I got pregnant. I realised who my family was after. And its their loss too.

It's definitely made me a lot closer to my family as well. Makes you appreciate your mum a lot more. X

Most definitely! I've realised that some of my so called best friends were really my enemies when I became pregnant this time... :) it's there loss not mine, i have a beautiful baby coming into my life and they don't, I think i've won :)

I've got no relationship with any of my old friends at all now!

As soon as I announced my 2nd pregnancy to them (and that was near enough 10 years ago now )that was it, it was see you later as far as they were concerned :(

Oh well, you certainly find out who your true friends are dont ya! Sod em :haha:
x

Owh bless you. One of my 'Best friends' Hasn't even met my son... He's 5 1/2 months old! Another has met him once... It winds me up. x

Yeah, I know what you mean. It used to wind me up too. It still does sometimes when I talk about it, even to this day!

All my old friends have got a LO's of their own now. I just hope none of them got binned off as It's not a nice feeling is it!!

x

Would serve them right! Having kids make you grow up... Realise theres more important things in life than drinking/sleeping in/drama! You let things go, and do whats best for someone else. You have to be selfless! People without kids don't get that. x

I have because some of my friends just can't understand that I can't drop everything to go out (not that I would want to!) xx

I've been really lucky and haven't lost any friends, despite the fact that none of them have children. Even though most of my friends are men. I think it helps that they're not really into clubbing anymore. We're more likely to go out for a meal, or play poker then go out clubbing. And if we're going to someones house, they're all more then happy for LO to come along.

Pregnancy definitely showed me who my true friends were, and more so second time round. Not many.

i have about 3 people left in my life who i can say are my friends. everyone else walked away from me during my first pregnancy and even more when i was expecting my second. i was devastated by this at the time but it's shown me who my true friends are and who'll be there in the very end, and so i'm glad things turned out the way they did.

I had a lot of single friends that dont bother asking me to go anywhere now, I've even said to them 'i didnt have my legs chopped off at the same time as giving birth, I can still go out' lol. But it made no difference.

I met a lot of lovely girls through groups etc, and we go out lots, to softplay at weekends with our LO's and girls nights on our own, and I treat them as better friends than any of my old ones.xxx

I lost one about 2-3 months ago. I finally realised I was pushed out for the fact I had a kid. I kept seeing things on facebook about them going out here there and everywhere and I would always think to myself 'and where was my invite?' Even if I had to decline, I would have still liked to have been asked. So I phoned him and had this heated discussion which ended with me hanging up on him. I'm lonely now but I'd rather not have a 'friend' do that to me

I never really had many friends before I had Tom, they were mostly from the car scene but they did change to a 'better' group. Some of which have kids themselves. I still see and talk to a girl from school though.

Yeah the age demographic of my friends has changed a lot. My kids had lots of "aunties" when they were little, and they were fab when they were babies, but as they've got older and more career oriented we have drifted away. Now I see them once a year or so for somebody's birthday. I feel a little sad that my childhood girly mates were the ones to drift away, but then that probably would have been the case even if I didn't have kids.

Now I have some older friends, and younger, local friends who don't mind popping round to see me over tea/coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->