Have you had a baby name 'ruined' for you?

It took me weeks before I managed to settle on two names. Delilah for a girl, Theodore for a boy and everyone i've told about them completely hates them! Starting to put me off the names sadly.

It took me weeks before I managed to settle on two names. Delilah for a girl, Theodore for a boy and everyone i've told about them completely hates them! Starting to put me off the names sadly.

I love those names really unusual but beautiful.

I'm a teacher so put off by loads of names before I even started lol. :-D ;-)

I wanted to call my son Samuel (Sam) and we have a female family member called Samantha (Sam). They would have the same last name too. I cringed at the thought of her acting like it was 'after her'...but I was so hell bent on the name that I did it anyway.

It's been 'okay'. She has done a couple of annoying things on facebook posts linking her and my son together through name comments, "Sam junior" and "Sam senior" etc, which when feeling particularly intolerant I just want to write back NO! NO HE ISN'T LINKED TO YOU AT ALL! but, because she is a family member we don't particularly see that much off I still felt it was worth using the name I loved.

We have decided on Elliot. But the amount of people who say it like ET says it... Man its annoying. Out me off the name for a bit but then i just thought its his name and me and OH love it so we are sticking with it.

Well I suggested yet another name to my dh last night and he has ruined it forever.
Analise = anal lice :(

Yes! I keep hearing the girls name i like everywhere.... not to mention someone i know has named her baby it aswell.....she is only a week ahead of me and i am team yellow but feel like i cant use the name anymore. :(

My MIL is a pain in the bum for putting us off names. With #1 she basically dissed any name we came up with apart from the one we went with. It almost felt like we'd chosen DD's name just to keep her happy.

This time I'm determined to keep our names a secret but DH keeps telling her! And every time I see her she asks if we've thought of any more baby names. Grrrr

Being a teacher ruined loads of names for me too. OH kept suggesting things and getting annoyed when I said "nope, I taught a kid called that" or "nah I know too many!"

I liked:
Harper - but the Beckhams have ruined it for us. It goes perfectly with Quinn.
Sawyer - OH kept saying it would get spelt like soya and sounded silly
Nova - but it's a car and OH is car obsessed
Juno - but the film has made it so popular
Madeleine - McCann
Ramona - everyone mentioned the nickname Mona/moaner

And when we were still considering boys names:
Reuben - but it got massively popular
Eli - OHs friend used it first

Our names are a secret for a reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.