Have you hear the word 'Ralph' to mean being sick?

MrsPear

Mum
Reaction score
As the question asks! I just saw it on google, I think it is a colloquial term for being sick in North America? It's on my 'possible' baby names list but obviously don't want it if that's all people associate it with. It has grown in popularity in UK as a baby name over the past few years. x

My brother is called Ralph and I have never heard of this x

I've heard it but I wouldn't associate it with the name.

I have heard it, but wouldn't immediately associate it with the name. I don't think I've ever used it (I much prefer chunder :rofl:) but I have heard it.

I've heard it but not for quite a while.

Never heard of it, my first thought was the cute Ralph from the Simpsons :)

I have heard it alright but it wouldn't be an immediate association.

Not heard of that. My immediate thought is Judy Blume for those of the same generation! But I'm sure most people wouldn't associate in the same way.

Yes - to Ralph definitely means to be sick here but I am in the Northeast US.

As a reverse, when I was in college with my friend Rodger who had never been made fun of for his name in his life - when he did a year abroad in Harlow he got teased to no end!

Never heard it, made me think of Ralph from The Simpsons xxx

I'm aware of it but wouldn't automatically think of it. It's a cute name :)

"He is speaking to Ralph on the big white telephone". but not the name on its own

Yep heard of it but no way would it detract from the name x

I have heard it, but probably only on TV/movies. I'm in the US. I wouldn't really associate it with that, but it's also not a name I hear often. I can't think of anyone I've ever met with that name.

Edit: This is what I thought of with that name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Honeymooners
A VERY old tv show, haha… I had to google to even be sure I was thinking of the right thing.

Yep I've heard it as well (originally from TX). I wouldn't immediately associate someone being named Ralph with puking however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->