Have you hear the word 'Ralph' to mean being sick?

Same as the other UK ladies - I've heard of it but think it's more a US thing. I wouldn't associate it with the name Ralph at all.

Haha I had forgotten about the name Ralph in Judy Blume!

It's not that common right now but I reckon it's going to be really popular in UK over the next few years. In 2000 there were only 40 babies called Ralph but in 2012 there were nearly 300 so it's going through a steady increase. So I think that means it's not too badly associated with being sick. I have never heard that one before, seems like most people have though!

We aren't definitely going for it yet. To me it feels like it's definitely 'the one' and I even call the baby Ralph in my head. But OH is not convinced because we found out it's a boy right when Rolf Harris was found guilty, and now he says it reminds him of that. Then I found out OH's great great great great grandad was called Ralph so I think it's fate now!!

I have heard in tv references I think but don't associate it with sick lol. When I read Judy bloom I suddenly remembered it from there, and Ralph from simpsons. I did know a Ralph at school. For me the name doesn't have any negative associations

It's a super cute name! You just tend to know when you've found 'the one' don't you? The name we have chosen is quite popular even though we didn't want a popular name but it just feels right :)

Never heard of it!

Yes - to Ralph definitely means to be sick here but I am in the Northeast US.

As a reverse, when I was in college with my friend Rodger who had never been made fun of for his name in his life - when he did a year abroad in Harlow he got teased to no end!

At least he wasn't called randy!

Never heard of it meaning that! I think it's a cute name :D

It's a super cute name! You just tend to know when you've found 'the one' don't you? The name we have chosen is quite popular even though we didn't want a popular name but it just feels right :)

I like 'unusual' names normally but the more popular Ralph gets the less it means it's associated with being sick...so I'm happy with that!

My OH says it! And for burp. It just reminds me of Ralph in simpsons not burps

Yeah here in the states "ralph" can be used to mean puking. BUT honestly I don't associate that name with puking. And I haven't heard anyone use "ralph" to mean puke in ages. In fact, a co-worker of hubby's name is Ralph and I never once thought of anything but the name.

I have never heard of it meaning that before!

yes, in the US, ralphing means puking. I've never associated it with the name Ralph though. That's also not really a common name over here, though, so unlikely to associate it anyways as you don't hear that name often.

Ive heard it before specially more when i was younger bt not really heard it for a while

Yes - to Ralph definitely means to be sick here but I am in the Northeast US.

As a reverse, when I was in college with my friend Rodger who had never been made fun of for his name in his life - when he did a year abroad in Harlow he got teased to no end!

At least he wasn't called randy!

:haha:

I'm in the US, I've heard it before, but I wouldn't immediately think of it. I don't think it's very commonly used, as a name or to refer to puking :shrug:

Ive heard of it but never used it. My first thought it Wreck it Ralph :)

Yes ive heard of it in the sick sense but would never associate it with it! It wouldnt even cross me mind!

I've heard it but would never associate the name with it :) I love the name!

my cat is called ralph :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->