• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Have you told the kids in your family yet? What did they say?

izzlesnizzle

Reaction score
We were going to wait until xmas day to break the news to my sisters and brothers kids but my sister sent me a text asking how the ms was and how many weeks now. I replied saying still sick, 11 weeks now etc. Her 10 yr old son opened the text when it came through and was really worried saying is she ok? why is she sick? Then the little sweet heart said "mum, do you think shes caught it off one of the patients she looks after in the hospital?" Awww!

Has anyone else had any of their kids say anything sweet or funny?

My DDs are 10 and 13, and they figured me out pretty quickly.

They won't let me do anything, they're constantly taking on extra chores and offering to lift anything they think might be too heavy. Younger DD is also policing me in case I drink too much caffeine or accidentally eat some raw cookie-dough.

It's really sweet how much they're taking care of this little one already.

i've told my kids as they would wonder why i am feeling so ill all of the time!they were over the moon and can't wait to have another baby in the house.they are 15 and 12yrs old and they've really enjoyed having a little sister she really has brought them so much joy!now i think they're kinda hoping for a brother to even things up alittle lol but really they wouldn't mind a sister:hugs:

My DDs are 10 and 13, and they figured me out pretty quickly.

They won't let me do anything, they're constantly taking on extra chores and offering to lift anything they think might be too heavy. Younger DD is also policing me in case I drink too much caffeine or accidentally eat some raw cookie-dough.

It's really sweet how much they're taking care of this little one already.

awww how cute are they:hugs:

I told my two little girls soon after i found out. my eldest who is 7 saw me buying pregnancy tests in tesco and shouted really loud "pregnanct test are you pregnant?" lol
i then showed her the test that said pregnant and her face lit up. she them said to her 4 year old sister (my other dd) mummys pregnant and she went "no your not" i said i am she went "are you?" lol they are all exited and keep kissing my belly lol

Our daughter is 11 and we haven't told her yet, mainly because we don't trust her to keep it quiet lol. Once I've had my scan and know that everything is OK, she'll be the first to know.

when expecting my little girl my niece and nephew new we had a baby in heaven (i had a miscarriage at 20 week and we had already told them at 12 weeks i was expecting so had to explain to them that there baby cousin had go to heaven) we told them after the 20 week make with my daughter just to be on the safe side and they both used to come up to me and rub my belly say hello, give it kisses and then one night my nephew asked if he could see his baby cousin…. He thought I had a screen in my belly where you could see the baby!!!

After I had her they came to visit and he ram over to my belly and patted it, when we asked what he was doing and told him the baby was in the moses basket, his reply was “I was just checking she had come out, your bellys all floppy now and it was hard before”

awww these are all such lovely stories!

I have 4 step children, my OH kids. ranging from 17, 15, 11, 8.. and I havent a clue when we going to tell them..its my 1st baby and OH no5 (EEKKK) i know they will cotton on anyway they smart kids, my mom thinks i should wait till 12 weeks..but i dont want to exclude them :( ohhh decisions!

My sister in law told my nephew who was 5 at the time that she was pregnant and sadly later lost that baby. So my sister had to sit him down and tell him the baby had gone to heaven. He said "well if i had a ladder i would climb up to heaven and bring the baby back down". He was 5 yrs old when he said that! So ever since any other pregnancies have been kept a secret until the scans to protect them. I will be 18 weeks by the time its xmas day so everything should be ok by then, hopefully!

I dont have any kids of my own but told me niece and nephew.
They were both quite excited and my nephew (Aged 6) ran over to give me a big cuddle. My niece (aged 8 going on 25) screamed "Be careful! You might rupture her womb".

I couldnt stop laughing. x

Hubby and i told my 12 year old stepdaughter that we were ttc. She was so excited and started praying at night for a baby sister. A few months later we fell pregnant. When we told our daughter, she got real quiet and really won't talk to us now. Since she's at her mother's over 1,000 miles away.. not much we can do over the phone. *shrugs* She'll either get over it or she won't... but it's not going to change things.

My sister in law told my nephew who was 5 at the time that she was pregnant and sadly later lost that baby. So my sister had to sit him down and tell him the baby had gone to heaven. He said "well if i had a ladder i would climb up to heaven and bring the baby back down". He was 5 yrs old when he said that! So ever since any other pregnancies have been kept a secret until the scans to protect them. I will be 18 weeks by the time its xmas day so everything should be ok by then, hopefully!

That's the sweetest thing I've ever read, actually made me shed a tear. Children are so precious :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"