have you trimmed your lady garden..

diamondgem27

Reaction score
In preparation for labour? I have trimmed mine with scissors a little but its hard to do with a bump. I used to use veet hair removal cream, is this safe to use in late pregnancy?

I'm so paranoid about what the midwives will think of my hairy fairy lol!

Tried shaving it with a razor in the past but get an awful red rash :( x

I waxed my foof on bonfire night I burnt and grazed it in the process. boy was it painful and I aint touchin it now till babby is here if i feel i can afford it i migt get someone round to wax when im 38+ weeks if not the MWs will have to see Hairy Mary Im sure they seen it all before lol.x x

Oh sorry I couldnt help much not sure about using veet in late pregnancy. xx x

:hi: I havent got to your stage yet but I have decided when I get to your stage I am going to get waxed at my local salon. I have been using Veet hair removal all along, just slapping it on and removing everything :haha: dont worry too much, ask your OH to trim it or have your mum help you out if you stress too much :flower: ps I dont think midwives are too concerned about hair, they just want you to deliver a healthy baby :)

I touch and shave, or if i don't feel its safe i get DH to help. To be honest though the midwives and doctors see it and deal with it all the time so don't worry if you can't groom it well before labour :) as far as using cream is concerned i think its a risk of infection so i'd steer clear from it.

I would like to but it's really difficult with bump :) I agree that I don't think they are particularly bothered about what they see, blimey they must have seen it all by now.

xxx

I touch and shave, or if i don't feel its safe i get DH to help. To be honest though the midwives and doctors see it and deal with it all the time so don't worry if you can't groom it well before labour :) as far as using cream is concerned i think its a risk of infection so i'd steer clear from it.

Me too. I shave every day or so. Can't see it though. I sometimes ask hubby if I missed a spot.

Use to do it every other day until a couple of weeks ago, i've been so lazy. I mentioned to my husband that I was thinking about getting a brazilian wax done and his eyes lit up, so clearly i need to take care of that. LOL. This trimester has already gotten me whipped, I'm so tired.

I trimmed it up with my bikini trimmer and a small mirror then had a wax. I get waxed a few times a year and it's always fine - never hurts and don't get a rash or anything... until now!!! It was really painful getting it done this time and since I had it done I've had loads of in-growing hairs and a terrible rash, and it's growing back quicker than ever before! I guess my skin's really sensitive at the moment :(

I'm leaving it now in the hope that the rash goes before baby arrives. I'm sure the midwife would rather put up with hair than a scabby rash!!

I tried trimming the other day because I had some chafing issues and the rainforest wasn't making it any more comfortable. But honestly, I can't even see down there WITH a mirror and I'd rather not have a horrible razor burn when I'm trying to deliver a baby, so after a couple minutes of desperately trying to hold a mirror and trim at the same time without hurting myself, I said 'fuck it' and let it go. Must not be too horrible... my doctor didn't say, "OH MY! What is going on down THERE?!" or anything when he swabbed me for strep B. :rofl:

I got a basic bikini wax last weekend, which leaves more hair than I prefer to leave in place but I think I'm going to have to do this as needed until the end of the pregnancy. I can't see anything down there to do it on my own!!

I've been a bit slack recently but I'll need to do it as I'm going on honeymoon in just over a week, then when I'm 36 weeks I'm spending a week at the beach. I definately want to be as hairless as I can be for labour. I think it will be easier for the doctors to stitch me up if i get a tear, and dont want matted blood/fluid/poo to get stuck in the hair! Also if i need an emergency c-section the nurses have to shave it, so i'd rather do it myself first! I'll use a hand-held mirror to see :)

I'm having a c-section & I was stressing about whether to wax or have DH help me shave down there but when I asked my OB she couldn't stress enough that I should just leave it, she said it's their job to do it & waxing can cause issues with infections & ingrown hairs so best not to have one... Guess I'm letting the nurses shave me - eeek!!!

I shave frequently! I don't want to go into labor and be hairy. :haha:

I'm a natural girl so generally just tidy it up but seems to have grown a lot recently so did get the scissors to it but to be honest I couldn't care less about what the midwives think, they will be more bothered about delivering the baby I'm sure. And they can think what they like as long as they don't tell me, warning: I'm a heavily pregnant hormonal woman!!! xxx

i've had my weekly shave last night so am confident about going into labour..... i am high risk and want to shave myself incase of a c-section, apparently the method they use in maternity has a lot to be desired

i shave but also get an awful red rash, really bad! and its hard to see what im doing so i have to feel about alot, and also ive cut myself a few times (OUCHH!) so im booked in for a wax at 38.5 weeks!

I learnt last time I was pregnant not to let my husband loose on my lady garden ever again lol He shaved it for me but used the razor like a paint brush and did it in all different strokes, I was so so sore after!!! This time round I have used electric hair trimmers, no 1 all over then shave the sides. Its a guessing game as cant see a dam thing lol

no idea about removal cream but i also wax. Actually went yesterday for my brazilian wax i can see it but i feel so much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->