Have you waxed/ shaved /trimmed or not?

vixy

Expecting baby boy #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just curious, have you ladies kept up with your hair care regime down below or not?

I have really not managed much since 34ish weeks and I really hate it but I also have very sensitive skin so don't want to risk causing any irritation near to the birth. I have bought some hair removal cream but would be going in blind.

:dohh:

34 weeks?! Well done! I couldn't manage to do anything much past about 24/25 weeks.....god knows what it was like down there in the end :wacko: lol

I used the hair removal cream about 5 days before my due date, I didnt even try to do a good job, just put it on everywhere, I dont usually like being totally hair free down there but it was easier than trying to do a good job, I delivered at 41 weeks and at that stage it had grown a tiny bit so I just trimmed the bikini line...

I still shave. Way more razor bumps than normal though :( But I was used to doing it without seeing before I was pg.

Shaved it all off! Hoping I will have LO before it grows back fully. Bita stubble is fine :haha: .. Took me 55 minutes to shave it, a thousand positions and a mirror.. Impossible to do it again lol!!

I can't stand it if I'm not at least well trimmed down there. . . But its getting more difficult(34+4 now). If I'm going in or an appointment or something, DF is usually willing to help out, even if its not his favorite thing lol such a good man. Even does a good job :)

just attempted a trim. it didn't go so well. I think I'll have to take dh up on his offer to help me because it's only half done now :haha:

I think I gave up after the 3 month mark. It's too much effort and my husband doesn't care if it's a forest down there.

I still shave every couple of days, not the greatest but can't expect much when your going in blind

i used a trimmer with a guard on it and did a very very choppy job lol i laugh when i see my "job" in the mirror i have just given up for now

Just tidy'd up today, but it was difficult. I don't shave everything off down below, bikini, and trim is about it. Can't see a damn thing...lol...done by feel.

I still wax my bikini line and shave the rest every few days. I must be lucky as I can still see down there with no problem

I will be booking in to wax legs, bikini and arm pits about a week before my due date - it will be a big job lol! I had everything waxed with my last one and felt so much more comfortable - especially after the birth

I tried blind shaving every few days. The hardest bit for me is along my c section scar. It has a little raised bit which I need to avoid as it bleeds if caught. It's not the best job but I would hate the have a forest. Figure aslong as its short/patchy its better than huge growth lol. I wish I could get a wax but I'm too much of a whimp!

I got waxed for the first time after my first son - I thought 'it can't be as bad as that!' ....and it wasn't - no where near lol! I get a landing strip down below and doesn't really hurt. The worst part for me is my shins

I've kept up my waxing throughout pregnancy, even though it has kind of felt like a chore.

I've got my final wax appointment on Tuesday, I'll be 39 weeks and my hair grows quite slowly so I should still have nothing there even if I was to go 2 weeks overdue. Being hairy makes me feel dirty and gross I'd hate to have any hair down there during birth and recovery!

My legs I just shave (with the help of my husband, because I can't bend down to reach below my knees). Because my hair is growing super slow during pregnancy my legs stay totally smooth for over 2 weeks, it's great! Haha!

I shave blind, which is awful because ive cut myself a few times :( but ita better then feeling nasty as the time

Am I the only one that isnt bothered? :) Iv never really done much with it as it is as im not much of a wild grower so never really had a problem with it.
I do shave the lot off once in a blue moon for a bit of a change but thats it.
Last time I had someones grandad walk in on me during labour and had workmen walking around hammering and drilling so midwives seeing a bit of hair wasnt really a concern of mine :)

I did mine the other day and it took me 45 minutes!! About 60 positions and when I got out the shower then looked in the mirror I realised I'd missed patches! I bet it looks a state haha but I'm sure midwives have seen worse so I'm just going to leave it now hopefully it won't grow too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->