Have you waxed/ shaved /trimmed or not?

I'd love to go for a wax but I'm to much of a wimp :blush:
Just trimming and shaving bits here and there for now. Might take BD up on his offer to help :hugs:

I hadn't even noticed how unruly mines had became till my hubby pointed it out last week when I was in the bath. He got his wee trimmer and tidied me up(not sure I'd trust him with a razor!

I trimmed mine the other week so it is short but not all gone can't wait for lo to get here so I can have a proper shave again x

i sort of gave up about 7weeks ago but trying to keep it tidy kind of hoping i'll have time to jump in bath and sort it out before going to the hospital when im in labour not sure how likely this is though as uts my second birth so hoping it'll be quicker than 1st

I used to trim throughout my pregnancy using a mirror but to be honest ladies it was the last thing on my mind once my labour actually started

I was told by my OB to not shave/trim/wax/etc. anything down there after 34 weeks. I wonder if this is something only my hospital says?? They say it's to reduce the chance of irritation/infection. I've been shaving by feel up until recently, but now I just can't seem to be bothered. I'll probably give it a final go before I hit 34, but then I'm following doctor's orders :)

I've given up trying to do any sort of 'design' down there so now sporting the bald eagle!

Will ask OH to shave me when I'm due, I can't bear the thought of being a forest on the big day.

I dont shave down there I dont care about how it looks for docs. Also was told not to in case a c section was needed and given info on why not to but never read it as I dont shave. Its meant to look like that so I would feel weird tarting it up for some midwives and docs and cant be bothered with the scratching.

Just got home from my brazilian wax. My downstairs region was so unruly I felt horrible esp when DTD with DH. Now I feel prepared for the birth and I won't ever go that long without a wax again.

Trimming with one of those Lady Schick things… you can’t really hurt yourself with it. Going in blind as well haha :)

Just got home from my brazilian wax. My downstairs region was so unruly I felt horrible esp when DTD with DH. Now I feel prepared for the birth and I won't ever go that long without a wax again.

Big props to you!! I attempted a wax about 2 weeks ago and only managed to get thru 4 strips before i gave up. That $h¡T HURTS

I just booked in to get it all waxed off tomorrow. Before belly I used to trim but haven't been able to see for weeks now so it is gone a bit wild. I am NOT looking forward to the waxing but I would rather do that than get shaved at the hospital for the c section.

I'm 33 weeks and since I found out I'm pregi I have totally neglected that region apart from a few trims!
I'm going in for a full bikini wax next week, will then get waxing done in week 39 or just before. I really don't want to but I would feel more comfy if I do as I just feel a right mess!

Big props to you!! I attempted a wax about 2 weeks ago and only managed to get thru 4 strips before i gave up. That $h¡T HURTS

LOL it really does hurt especially when you leave it to grow like a wild bush like I did but then I kept reminding myself "Ths is nothing compared to labor" and just sucked it up.

LOL it really does hurt especially when you leave it to grow like a wild bush like I did but then I kept reminding myself "Ths is nothing compared to labor" and just sucked it up.

I don't think it helps that my hair is pretty think and deep rooted. Like I let my hair grow to about 1/4 inch and half of that was roots! So I just went back to shaving by feel lol I'm so glad I know when I'm going in to be induced tho because I'll know when I need to shave again haha I go in Wednesday evening so I'll tidy up in the afternoon when I shower before we go to the hospital

I don't think it helps that my hair is pretty thick and deep rooted. Like I let my hair grow to about 1/4 inch and half of that was roots! So I just went back to shaving by feel lol I'm so glad I know when I'm going in to be induced tho because I'll know when I need to shave again haha I go in Wednesday evening so I'll tidy up in the afternoon when I shower before we go to the hospital

seriously, when you are in labour the last thing on your mind will be if you have a hairy foof or not! the midwife will not care either. It is not a genital fashion show.
I think it is safer to not shave right at the end because if you nick yourself there will be tiny cuts where infection could get in. Also stubble and stitches probably don't go.

I agree with above poster! I could care less, although I do keep somewhat trimmed using my husbands hair clippers (lol) but just so it doesn't drive me crazy. I gave up weeks before my last two kids.

I used hair removal cream at 30 weeks, just splatted the whole tube on, it was everywhere I could feel hair and then waited 15 minutes and it all fell off and I was as smooth as a babys bum :rofl: I havent redone it YET but I intend to splat on another tube before baby comes!!

Last time I went into labour with a full blown forest that thick I was surprised DD found her way out :blush:

Not bothered to do anything, I am blond and have very little hair, but it's mostly light colored and figure they have seen that a million times, no shame here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->