Haven't told Mum

HPMINI

Reaction score
It's been great coming on to this forum to talk to others about ttc.
I haven't told my parents that I am ttc. I feel a bit bad about it sometimes but she's never been one that I talk to about "stuff" like that. I know she would be okay to talk to about it, but . . .
My sister is now 20 weeks pregnant something we didn't think would happen as she's never been that keen on children.
It's probably obviously that I want a child but I've denied it for a number of years - for a long time it wasn't the right time and now - I don't know whether it would add to the pressure.
So it has been good to see this forum as I feel more positive than I have for a while.

Yes...This forum is a great support...I don't talk about this with anyone besides my ladies here...

Me either, I only come on here and talk about it :) My mum knows but only little pieces here and there

I told my parents the first time i got pregnant and my mum was devastated when i lost it. Second time I told her at 8 weeks to be sure it was ok, lost it again and she was in a mess. So now she knows i am trying but we don´t really talk about it. I feel i have to protect her and the next time (yes there will be a next time,) I won´t tell her until three months and I start to show.
I´m sure your mum has an idea you are trying, at our age people always think you might be especially if you stop drinking or smoking, but if you don´t feel comfy talking about it don´t worry. Plenty of time to share with family when your bump is so obvious you can´t not share!

I have told only around 2 or 3 people. Really I think it's partly because my tolerance for people being stupid is fairly low, so this way I avoid "advice", comments, etc. Sometimes it's hard to hide-I have to make up excuses about why I am seeing a doctor, I have to hold my tongue alot, but it's worth it to me to save my sanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->