Having a baby shower What did you do for yours?

Bumpnthree

Reaction score
Just wondering what you ladies did for your baby showers?

Any advice Ideas would be appreciated :)))))

Well my work friends threw me a beach theme potluck shower last month and my mom is throwing me a tropical themed shower at her house in a couple of weeks.
For the first shower we played a few games - name the artist of the song with the word baby in it, guess the celebrity baby and a beach ball toss where you had to quickly say what you would bring to the beach with your baby (hilarious).
With my moms shower I know she will have appetizers, wine, non alcoholic punch and gifts for the attendees. Not sure about the games though...
I hope that helps? :)

My Mom and SIL are teaming up to throw me one on June 1. My SIL insisted on having it catered, but really, I don't think that's necessary. You can either do appetizers or even just a sandwich platter. I saw one idea that I liked which was an afternoon tea type of thing with finger sandwiches and sweets.

The best baby showers I've been to have been low key. This is hard, because I am having to reign my SIL in (she wants assigned seating/place cards). We are having it at a recreation hall, and I know my Mom and a few friends are going to a party store and getting a ton of decorations and games.

My theme is butterflies, which I love. My Mom got centerpieces of butterfly bushes, which will be given away to someone at each table as part of a game. And in the favors bag, we are putting butterfly picture frames and seeds for butterfly bushes.

The baby showers around here are just close friends family at someones house with pizza or like subs and chips with soda or tea we play a few games (guess the size of the belly don't say baby or babys name present bingo) and hang out its more like the girls just getting together

My best friend is throwing me a shower and I'm not allowed the know anything.

I literally know the time and place and that's it.

I didn't really want a shower so this is more of an afternoon get together with my close friends with an afternoon tea theme. Well I hope that's what it is!

I had mine last weekend and it was lovely. We had a table that had buffet food to pick at and there was a cake specially made for it. We played some games like guess the ultra sound, guess what chocolate the baby had eaten (melted chocolate inside a nappy) and pin the dummy on the baby. My shower was set for 3 hours 5-8pm and it flew by, everyone chatted, played a game, chatted more, dished up the food, played another game, chatted, played another game then opened presents. It went over the 3 hours and some stayed till approx 10.

My coworkers threw me one and invited my DH. We all had a vegan potluck, which was very thoughtful of them, and I got some nice gifts. It was awesome because they knew I planned to use cloth diapers, so they got me things that would compliment that. It was very lovely! I didn't have one with family, though, since they are all thousands of miles away. :(

My lady friends and I all went for spa pedicures and then out for lunch and some shopping. It was really simple which is what i wanted. My husband and I have everything we need for our lil one as we inherited a BUNCH of stuff from my brother who just had a baby girl also. So i didnt want a huge party for presents and what not.

I had mine last weekend at a restaurant. It was a buffet lunch and they had a custom cake brought in. We had 2 door prizes, if you bring any kind of diapers your put in a drawing and when you fill out the thank you card envelope you're put in for a prize. We played 4 games, guess my tummy size. It was actually very funny to see how big people thought I was. Everyone over shot it by a lot & everyone was laughing and have a good time guessing. We did Baby Trivia, Baby Bingo and Don't Say Baby. My theme was purple & butterflies and the centerpieces we custom made were given away at the end to whoever had a special sticker on their candy favor. My aunt made special pretzel chocolate favors that said baby or had baby footprints on it. It was a beautiful weekend and everyone had a great time, I loved every minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->