Having a scan today at 7 weeks! So nervous/excited!

MrsHTH

Reaction score
I am so nervous about my scan today. Its really unusual I believe to have a scan this early in the UK unless there is a history of complications but I have been very lucky to have been offered one as part of some staff training at the hospital.

I am so nervous and don't know what to expect. Do you think its likely they will find a heartbeat today? If they do find a heartbeat does that mean my risk of miscarriage is greatly reduced? What if they don't find a heartbeat? I am going alone as it was too short notice for my husband to get the time off and all my family are in Birmingham.

Sorry for the inane rambling and questions. I am just so nervous! I feel sick (but what else is new!)

xxxxx

Yayy! Good luck for your scan today. I'm sure it will all go fine :) I had my scan the other day at 6 weeks and they found a little heartbeat flickering on the screen but the baby is sooo small but I was expecting that anyways x
I went to the scan thinking realistically. I knew I wouldn't see a fully formed miniture baby in there so that helped alot. I even read on here that sometimes you don't see the heartbeat so I went along at least hoping to see a yolk sac and I was surprised to see a heartbeat so that was nice as I wasn't too disappointed x

Good luck for today! I had a scan measuring 7+2 and could see a heartbeat :)

Good luck with your scan. Hopefully if baby is measuring in line with your due date you might get to see a little heart beating. And yes, once a heartbeat has been detected your risk of miscarraige is greatly reduced.

I had a scan at 7 weeks also (due to spotting) and I got to see a little blob with a beautiful heartbeat of almost 150 bpm. The lady who did mine was wonderful and showed me where you could see the brain developing...amazing...and the little arms and legs sprouting. Even though you could hardly make out it was a baby it is still so amazing to see!!! And the piece of mind is worth it!!! I have heard that once you see a heart.beat at 7 weeks the chance of miscarriage drops to less than 6/7 percent. Enjoy your view of baby today!!! :)

I am so nervous about my scan today. Its really unusual I believe to have a scan this early in the UK unless there is a history of complications but I have been very lucky to have been offered one as part of some staff training at the hospital.

I am so nervous and don't know what to expect. Do you think its likely they will find a heartbeat today? If they do find a heartbeat does that mean my risk of miscarriage is greatly reduced? What if they don't find a heartbeat? I am going alone as it was too short notice for my husband to get the time off and all my family are in Birmingham.

Sorry for the inane rambling and questions. I am just so nervous! I feel sick (but what else is new!)

xxxxx

I want details! Im having mine at 7 weeks 4 days in 2 weeks from today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->